Youngest person disfellowshipped -- ever?

by FatFreek 2005 66 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My cousin was pregnant months ahead of a proper schedule. So she was fortunate enough to find a very old man ot marry her. She was a star in her KH, her district, the state, the country. What is the difference? That she had a stooge. YOu can hire one for money. If my entire family could count the months, her KH could count the months. Preemies are only born so much early. When they come out early and are born more than adequate weight.....

Poor people tend to not use birth control. So one person is shunned b/c they don't how to use a condom well while another is an expert at condom use b/c he has sex with every female and never gets caught. I don't see justice here.

So the moral is not about right behavior but getting caught.

• Violia
    Violia

poverty and lack of education , unstable homes , abuse and lack or respect for themselves are the reasons these things usually happen. To punish a teenager for this behavior is not human. Nor is forcing them to get married and raise a child. Teenagers should get all the slack we can throw them.

yes botr, poor kids steal drugs and rick kids buy them. (quote from a very wise person I knew)

• steve2
    steve2

How can JW parents who claim to love their children allow them to be baptized so young knowing full well they can now be removed from the congregation for doing what normal teenagers do? Quite apart from that, the emotional development of children undergoes rapid changes during early adolescence - and it is verging on criminal to "hold" them acountable for religious decisinos that were made when they were relatively immature.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I would not let my kids be baptized because of the disfellowshipping policy. . . . FHN

Me too . . . for the same reason. They were 18, 14 and 13 when we left. Being a JW was always going to be their decision.

• Violia
    Violia

mine did not get baptized either but they effectively da'd/ df' them by announcing they were not approved associates. It means the same thing, the other kids would not associate with them. evil bastards.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

They say over and over and OVER that a young person shouldn't date until they are ready for marriage.

Then they say over and over and OVER that baptism is a more serious committment than marriage.

Then they push for children to get baptized younger and younger.

Insane much?

NC

• steve2
    steve2

You're right Newchapter. Just as there are serious responsibilities that accompany marriage, so too with baptism: To allow children to walk into the baptismal pool knowing the consequences of commitment, yet not allow them the "right" to walk down the aisle is big-time crazy. And thsi from a religion that was once known for criticizing the way "Christendom" baptizes young children.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

New Chapter: I knew someone that was baptized at 12 and disfellowshipped at 13. He didn't tell me why, but most normal teenage behavior and mildly rebellious teenage behavior will get ya into trouble. Three decades later he still hadn't gone back.

Looks like we have a new minimum age for disfellowshipping.

NewChapter: They say over and over and OVER that a young person shouldn't date until they are ready for marriage. Then they say over and over and OVER that baptism is a more serious committment than marriage. Then they push for children to get baptized younger and younger.

Very profound statements, NC.

Len

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

shopaholic, when did she get df'd?

More than a decade ago. It divided the congregation for a little while and kind of rocked the circuit. Her being a regular pioneer, already attended pioneer school and being on every assembly & convention no doubt played into her being df'd. For a while after that, young people didn't want to get baptized and parents encouraged them to wait until their senior year of high school...until the CO kept this as his "needs of the circuit" topic for a few years. Then it was back to business as usual.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

continuing with our hypothetical DFd child ...

The child, as with all children, needs and seeks out friendships -- and school or his neighborhood is now the only place he can then find them. Places that the Watchtower abhors, yet they're the ones who have indeed placed this child there. It's an environment where they say they don't really want their followers -- amongst bad associations. This child finally find acceptance. This child will continue to find reinforcement on the outside of his home and increase his hatred of the bullying behavior that he has been subjected to.

Hopefully this child won't resort to what some youngsters have -- suicide.

Shame, shame, shame on you, Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit