Diane Sawyer interviews Jaycee Dugard 7/10/11, ABC 2-hr. Special, 9PM EST: Jaycee was kidnapped by Garridos, supposedly one-time JWs

by AndersonsInfo 44 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• purplesofa
  • Violia
    Violia

The usual response to folks like this " they were not really jws and Jehovah exposed them for who they really are". words to that affect.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

So then, your point is,what?

That there are 7 million mind controlled zombies out there in the world waiting to pounce?

JDW

• AnneB
    AnneB

As far as Nancy Garrido preaching in prison or studying with someone in prison, WTBTS has written against that many times. Someone else can look up the exact quotes, but WT has said for years not to write to strangers who are imprisoned even to witness to them, and not to take on Bible studies with prisoners. Apparently only certain persons (elders?) are assigned to do prison work. It's been that way since the late 70's or early 80's, plenty of time for Nancy Garrido to know of the policy.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

AnneB, I've never heard of such counsel and I was in all my life from around 1970 to 2010 (approximately). In fact, in every congregation I was ever in that had a prison in the territory, people went to preach there. It was part of the territory and organized just like any other territory. Some prisons had book study in them because there were so many studies in there. Where did you ever see counsel in the literature to NOT study with prisoners?

• AnneB
    AnneB

As I said, someone else will have to research and find the quotes, I don't have WT literature any more. It could have been in the KM, the WT, it could have been in letter form (BOE letters) but I doubt that. It wasn't just some local elder's opinion, it was "from Bethel" as they used to say. At least one of the mentions came with the requisite scary story, something about unscrupulous prisoners knowing that putting on the pretense of reform might lessen their prison time, another one came with the warning that prisoners would feign love for a sister who, in her innocence, would fall in love with the prisoner, leading to all sorts of complications because it was all fake.

If you have a good memory for dates, the first mention that I can remember was around the time the Lloyd Barry - Japanese Prisoner who became a brother story was circulating on cassette tape.

Somebody else will have to take it from here, that's all I remember.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    As far as Nancy Garrido preaching in prison or studying with someone in prison, WTBTS has written against that many times

She met Garrido while she was visiting her incarcerated uncle at Leavenworth federal penitentiary in Kansas. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6816431.ece

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The Garridos used fear and manipulation. Telling Jaycee that the outside world was worse, full of pedophiles that would hurt her and her daughters. Black & white thinking. Geez, sounds like the Watch Tower. . . no matter what hell you are going through inside the Organization, it is better then the percieved fear of life outside the Organization. No matter what hell the Garridos stormed over Jaycee, it was better then the perceived fear of life outside the fence. This manipulation must have been second nature to Nancy Garrido and Phillip learned it quick.

Skeeter

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thank you for the info Barb! It is very nice that you always take the time to let us know when things like this happen. You are very much appreciated by many!!!

• flipper
    flipper

I second what SKEETER said. This point can't be overemphasized. Phillip Garrido was manipulative enough even BEFORE he met Nancy Garrido- however- he obviously learned the fear and guilt tactics from being with Nancy Garrido and that are used by the Jehovah's Witnesses - to keep Jaycee Dugard controlled through fear of the outside world by painting it as evil ; just as the WT society paints the world as " evil " to JW's.

So this is one of the reasons Jaycee never attempted to escape as she was afraid her fate may be worse in the outside world than being under captivity to Garrido and his wife. This evil Garrido couple were the epitome of what twisted sick mentally deranged people are and how dangerous they are to society.

What's even more sobering ? There are probably hundreds of child molesters among the Witnesses and other religions today as we talk about this still preying and scoping out their next victims. With authority figures just ignoring it and sticking their heads in the sand until it's too late . It just disgusts me.

The silver lining here though is how Jaycee Dugard has rebuilt her life with her daughters , her mother and is supported by family and friends to start a new life seeking happiness. Just like many of us seek a new life and happiness after exiting the JW cult which controlled us for years. There are so many parallels here it's astounding

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit