Diane Sawyer interviews Jaycee Dugard 7/10/11, ABC 2-hr. Special, 9PM EST: Jaycee was kidnapped by Garridos, supposedly one-time JWs

by AndersonsInfo 44 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Preview: http://abcnews.go.com/US/jaycee_dugard

Diane interviews Jaycee. Chris Como tracks the police investigation.

Authorites called at Garrido home 60 times and didn't find Jaycee in back yard.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

This should be an interesting interview. What happened to her was a very sick/sad situation.

• flipper
    flipper

Anybody that is able to watch this should watch this Sunday night. I wish I didn't have to work Sunday night. I'll have to catch it on you-tube or something. My wife will be home to see it. I watched the preview on the link you sent barbara - and I had tears streaming out of my eyes observing Jaycees mother talking about how she felt rushed for work the morning she sent Jaycee off to school that morning without a kiss - and she carried that " guilt " for 18 years. The interchange of communication and emotion between Jaycee and her mother is priceless to observe. Wow, just wow.

The hell this family went through in this ordeal is unfathomable. Thanks so much for posting this Barbara . I'm definitely buying Jaycees book when it's released next week. The lessons of how mind control tactics were used to keep her prisoner should come in very handy for those of us trying to understand or help free Jehovah's Witnesses from a dangerous cult. Jaycees situation was certainly more life threatening and abusive in the literal sense - however similar controlling tactics are used by mind control cults to imprison minds as well. Veiled threats, etc.

Watching your link has motivated me to bump up my thread with the link about the Garrido's former JW connections and how it explains the involvement of mind control in their abduction of Jaycee. Thanks again , this is as important as any WT society expose's we've had as it really shows the danger of controlling outlaws in our society

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• willyloman
    willyloman

For those who don't know about the Garridos' JW connection, she was a dub who started a study with him while he was in prison on rape charges. His newfound "status" as a JW was cited by the judge as one reason to grant parole. Whether he actually ever got baptized is not clear but he attended some meetings for a time, just long enough to decide he could do better on his own and he formed his own twisted religious ideas and began proseltyzing. These ideas involved his ability to speak with "God" and led him to claim invention of a machine that facilitated this practice.

He was caught, nearly 19 years after kidnapping Jaycee (who was 11 at the time), raping her and fathering two kids with her. It happened after he aroused the suspicion of two campus security guards when took the young children with him to the Berkeley campus of UC to proselytize passersby and distribute his own printed materials (one thing he learned from his Watchtower association). It has not, to my knowledge, been reported that Mrs. Garrido was ever df'd or sanctioned by her own congo.

There is another thread (or several) on this forum with more info and you can Google Jaycee Dugard and get a lot more. Most news accounts, however, omit the dub connection. I'm sure there are dubs in the Livermore, CA area who know the story but you can be sure they don't use the "experience" at the door.

p.s. It will be interesting to see if Diane Sawyer mentions JWs in her two hour interview on Sunday.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Bump-it-t-bump-bump

Skeeter

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This case and one in Germany were so over the top. NO crime writer would write something so bad. It is a coup for Dane Sawyer. I think I have problems rehabing and living a normal life. I'm so curious to see how she deals with it. The children truly complicate the siutation. If I think about it, it would stop any personal pity party.

I feel his wife is every bit as morally wrong as he was.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

watching this now and following on twitter.

They did mention that Nancy was a Jehovahs Witness.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Wow, Diane Sawyer brought out about Nancy & Phillip being Jehovah's Witnesses and Nancy growing up as a JW! Then, Jaycee says that Nancy is super twisted, just as bad as Phillip. it goes on about his crazy religious beliefs and the campus police officers saying that Phillip was 'way out there' on the religion stuff. DAMAGE.

Skeeter

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

This is a very good interview. Jaycee is an amazing woman!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit