df vs disassociation

by freebird 25 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

freebird I asked a similar question a couple of months ago. Everyone pretty much told me to just fade away. I agree. Why allow them to have any control over you?

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• qadreena
    qadreena

Gopher, they dont say a word, theres one nice elder who has said hi but he was from a different congregation, the others including (ex) best friend, aunty, uncle (ex-elder, DF'd for aldultery and now divorced) and two cousins have been known to literally cross the street when they saw me coming.
    once my aunty was with my gran and i wanted to say hi but she whisked my gran quickly onto a bus, my gran isnt and has never been a witness and a couple of hours later, there they were in town shopping again so there was obviously no need for a bus ride, my aunty has a car!!!
    my gran didnt see me so id love to know what excuse she was told!!!

xxx angel xxx

• zombie
    zombie

The term for ones unbaptized was called "unapproved associate" and they were to be treated just like df'd people and it was announced from the platform.

They were called "unapproved" as opposed to "approved" because one becomes "approved" at baptism.

No longer the case and they should be speaking to you now qadreena

• qadreena
    qadreena

well, i couldnt care less if they speak to me or not to be honest, ive learnt that chosing who I want to speak with is more important

xxx angel xxx

• felix a
    felix a

My thoughts on this topic run much the same way as some here. Why let them have any say? Why play by their rules at all? I'm not df'd. I'm not da'd. And they don't have any more power over my life than I allow them.

I wouldn't attend a Judicial Meeting, and I wouldn't give them a letter.

felix a

"Vision is the art of seeing things invisible"
    Swift

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Doesn't much matter if your DF'D or leave on your own, I left on my own and still am shunned by family. Their loss, but some luck out and have nice families who regardless of whether they leave or not won't shun them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit