df vs disassociation

by freebird 25 Replies latest jw friends

• freebird
    freebird

Can someone provide me some insight or past experience with the pros and cons to disassociating oneself versus getting disfellowshipped? Besides the obvious of not having to deal with the lynch squad. Thanks for you comments. C.

I'm as free as a bird, and this bird you cannot change
    Lynyrd Skynyrd

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

A lot would depend on if you have family and friends in the "Truth" that you want to continue a relationship with.
    Most would (i don't mean relitives) shunn you after being df'd and if you d/A yourself because you just no longer wish to be a jw anylonger then that is SUPPOSE to elimiate the shunning thing. I your friends are your friends then they will still be your friends. I think a lot also depends on the attitude of the particular KHcommunity you live in to.
    plm

• Number 6
    Number 6

I suppose it also depends on your current status. I myself managed (somehow very easily) to fade away over a decade ago. If now they decided to come after me by way of a JC I would just not entertain them. Putting it bluntly I would raise my middle finger to them and tell them to sit on it.

From my point of view to participate in a JC or to DA yourself is to acknowledge that you still buy into their system. From a family and freinds point of view the end result will still be the same. They will still shun you whether it be through fear of the consequences if they don't; or that they actually believe that "keeping the congregation clean bull."

I would say on balance however, were I forced into it that to DA oneself means YOU took the decision not them. My gut instinct however is that when you realise they have no real authority over you then to even play their silly games is to still give some kind of sanction to their authority. Like saying to them: "I acknowledge that you have the right to treat me like this." It's your life not theirs. They will do whatever they decide to do anyway, being brain dead zombies following Watchtower instructions.

DF'd or DA'd; different road to the same place. Don' give them the leverage, just walk in the opposite direction.

Regards

• rekless
    rekless

I perfer DAing, simply according to the location in the earth, one is going to be shunned and slandered anyway...whether DAed or DFed...now my point of view would be and is, If I decided to leave the org. I would write a simple DA letter, then get all my family around and say what is on my mind then listen to their responce and give them a chance to tell me how they are going to treat me, because I can no longer serve an an org. that is mind controlling,say my goodbyes and then mail the letter...if you are DFed (and you will be sooner than later because you have a doubt festering in your mind and your faith is no longer in harmony with the org.)or Daed you are still in the
    same boat; therefore, It was my contention after 35 years in the org. and I was tired of being dictated to by narrow minded hypocrits that turned their love on and off at a whim, I would not let them dictate to me how I was going to leave the org.

I Daed myself with a sweet short letter saying, I am divorcing myself from all org., entities, and corp. that are any part of the WTBTS of NY, Florida, or any other place on earth, due to now having evidence that they are the false prophet.

That they would be held lible if any announcement came from the podium slandering my name.

Dan Walker
    Clearlake, Ca.
    If anybody knows me and wants to reacquaint our relationship my email address is [email protected]

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I was told some time ago, the difference between being DF'd or DA'd is that if you ever want back into the fold, it is harder to get reinstated if you have DA'd yourself. I agree why give them the satisfaction of either. They will do whatever they want but why participate in something you don't even respect and believe in.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I DA'd myself. Got tired of them using my being known as a JW to harrass me. Even inactive for 5 years, they can still use your being known as a dub for leverage. Still, regardless of how it is done, you are scum from then on and lower than whale shit on the ocean floor, to them. They are taught to begin hating you.

In my case, they can shun me and hate me all they want. When I was a JW, they didn't have time for me then, either, so what is the difference? However, I will not tolerate them coming into my home and pulling their hateful crap. The wife and her brats are still dubs and if their "friends" can't be cordial and say a friendly greeting to me, I tell them to get the hell out and stay out.

I have been known to deliberately walk into the room just to annoy them with my presence and when they sun me, I tell them about the notice I placed on the front door about being cordial and bring the last sentnece to their attention. That being that if they cannot offer a cordial greeting to all in the house, then feel free to get the hell off the property!

*** w81 9/15 23 Disfellowshiping-How to View It ***

" .... Hence, out of love Christian elders and others might visit and help the one who has grown weak and inactive. (1 Thess. 5:14; Rom. 15:1; Heb. 12:12, 13) It is another matter, though, when a person repudiates his being a Christian and disassociates himself.

14 One who has been a true Christian might renounce the way of the truth, stating that he no longer considers himself to be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses or wants to be known as one. When this rare event occurs, the person is renouncing his standing as a Christian,

16 Persons who make themselves “not of our sort” by deliberately rejecting the faith and beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses should appropriately be viewed and treated as are those who have been disfellowshiped for wrongdoing."

As you can see, they are instructed to react the same, regardless of how your leaving is accomplished. The only difference is how you feel about it yourself. To me, when I DA'd myself, in effect, I Disfellowshipped the entire Watchtower Society!

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• rekless
    rekless

After 35 years I knew I would never go back ...

• qadreena
    qadreena

i only got DA'd but it didnt seem to make a difference, only one nice elder still says hi to me when i bump into him and thats the only one so far, even my aunty, uncle and 2 cousins cross the street when they see me coming

i was never baptised and was brought up from birth, you'd think id get a bit of leeway for that surely!

xxx angel xxx

• rekless
    rekless

if you were never baptized you can not be DAed or DFed...all you can be is marked as bad association....

weak, and have your reputation ruined by morons.
    Actually you should feel blessed that you are left alone...

• qadreena
    qadreena

i was in a very bad congregation who did things the way they saw fit, i was DA'd but never baptised, i had elders knocking my door constantly - some from my cong to counsel me and some from another cong trying to grasp my story - they told me i shouldnt have been but if the elders in my cong had decided to do that, it must have been jehovahs will
    after i refused to talk to anyone else about it (and ran away from home) my brother told me it was announced on the platform i was DA'd and should be left to my own devices, they said on platform, i have chose to take satans path and i refuse to turn back - this was the reason they gave for me being DA'd

xxx angel xxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit