I have decided to leave

by umadevi 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

I agree with Ziddina and NewChapter. Unless there are new or younger elders trying to make the climb and gain notoriety by "getting" you, you should be fine. If they try to arrange a judicial hearing they have to make several attempts to personally invite you to the Kingdom Hall. This is policy.

If after several attempts they cannot reach you then they may send a registered letter. If you do not respond then it is possible they could meet without you and render a decision. However, this route must be accompanied by heavy documentation in order for a disfellowshipping to stand. And you must be trying associate with active JWs to be considered a threat. This is more trouble than most elders are willing to go through and so they will likely make a few notes, create a file and keep it should you ever decide to return.

Unless you are publicly speaking out against JWs on TV or other media they will probably leave you alone.

• dozy
    dozy

Welcome...

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well done. I love the WTS attrition we are witnessing on this site - does it not bring joy to our hearts? (sorry!!)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It's truly happifying, cantleave.

Congratulations, umadevi!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Congratulations! I am shocked that the elders showed up unnanounced at your place of work. That is poor form.

• dm6
    dm6

Congratulations to you! It will have been the best thing you have ever done. Now you will KNOW what freedom really means.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Enjoy your future.

Everyone you knew at the kh will have thoughts about your exit, you never know who it might inspire.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Speaking from a perspective of 40 plus years out it was the best decision we ever made. To raise our son free of the cult was a blessing so are our three grandchildren. So was the time saved that we could apply to more meaningful pursuits. Old friends that stayed in? It turned out that those friendships were conditional but you know that. We made better friends, lived in our community not apart fom our community. Voted, volunteered, went fishing at the drop of a hat. Read what I wanted to read, saw what I wanted to see. It's been good and since no one gets off of this planet alive I have had a life worth living. That's the gift you've given yourself and your son.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Congratulations on gaining your freedom. They should basically be done with you. They heard you say you were done and you gave a reason. They might bother you for stupid reasons, but it seems they can wrap it up. They will announce "Umadevi is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." People at the Hall will assume the worst- smoking or fornication/adultery.

Make new friends and a better life. Enjoy.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good for you.

Wish I'd had your good sense.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit