I have decided to leave

by umadevi 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• umadevi
    umadevi

I have read CoC, CCMC, ISOCF and Captive of a Concept. I have been fading since April. I have nothing to hold me back in WBTS so I have decided to leave it.

I contacted one of the elders and told him that I no longer wish to be a JW. He arranged for a meeting and I told him that I will not attend as it's not going make any difference. Two elders visited me in my office and wanted to know why I decided to leave. I brought up the blood issue (have doubts on whole lot more but the blood issue will do for now), I told them that I have done enough research on it and I could no longer support the WT reasoning regarding blood transfusion. Of course they used Bible verses to support their stand on the issue but I remained firm with my decision.

I have some close friends inside so I called them to explain my situation. How stupid of me to think that they will understand. So I guess that's it.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Congrats! You have made the best decision of your life. Let the good life start NOW!

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Congratulations!

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Bravo!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Congratulations. Why did the elders show up at your office? Did you arrange it? Just curious since you told them you would not attend a meeting.

I wish you well on your new life. I'm sorry you are losing close friends. Sadly we all wish they would understand and they never do.

NC

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Good for you! Congrats on the start of your new life!

• unshackled
    unshackled

Congrats to you. May be tough at first but hold on, it turns around quickly. Welcome to living your life the way you want.

• umadevi
    umadevi

NewChapter - I was quite surprised when they turned up at my office. I also don't know what they will do next. Will there be an anoucement at KH soon or will they leave it at that?

I feel free now... thank you guys. It would not have been possible without JWN.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Congratulations! A very courageous decision.

You and your son will enjoy the life you deserve!

Retro

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Congratulations, you had the guts to do it, but remember, you left a human organitation and God and Jesus have nothing to do with them. Keep reading the Biblie by yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit