Lining up to kiss the bride is not allowed. Watchtower Question from Readers.

by ThomasCovenant 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• agent zero
    agent zero

And we can be sure that he did not get in any line to kiss the bride either-so we leave such woman-exalting practices back in the creature-worshiping world, where they belong

oh man, this line cracked me up! woman-exalting practices!!!! congratulating her on her wedding??

"and we can be sure jesus did not get in any line"... HOW?????? were you there?? what if i'm NOT so sure about that??

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Wow. Misreading of scripture. Jesus was a social person. He did not provide extra carrots and celery at Cana. Not only wine, but superb wine. Jesus had to have a damn good palate. Jewish men dance at weddings. Why would Jesus not dance? I'm not saying that Hasidim dances are 1st century but they give an indication of the passion and mysticism of jewish celebratory dance. Cana was a wedding, not an ordinary day.

Jesus dines with Pharisees and tax collectors. Mary of Magdala, not the whore, but the independent business woman who was prob. his primary benefactor.

I don't know whether bride kissing was involved. If it were, I can see Jesus lining up. Kissing a bride is not an erotic adventure. It is merely a sign of social manners. Being a middle class carpenter would require Jesus to have good manners or the family business would lack clients. Jesus is not asetic in his time off from ministry.

Oh, to be a WT male and be so easily enticed by a peck on the cheek of a woman destined for someone else. Most people would not see the erotic fantasies. People with smutty minds would. I agree with them that name tags on gifts are very, very tacky. Displaying them is only lest tacky. Thank you notes are sufficient. No email. Crane's paper or you will burn in hell. Seriously, they are so oversexed. I suggest The WHO, and "Why Don't We Do It in the Road?" by the Beatles. The Stones would be fine, too. Satisfaction, Wild Horses, Helter Skelter, Don't Get Fooled Again (who could Pete refer to?), Who Are You?

Have they ever sanctioned any music besides the silly Kingdom Tunes?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Wow, no silly games or kissing the bride. I hadn't seen that in the literature.

I know in my kh they did allow a receiving line after the wedding but no one was to stand for the procession, because of the "creature worship" thing.

Every single bride got a shower as did every first time mother, and the silly games were always played to the max. The poopie diaper game, safety pin game, etc. Who wants to be trying to balance your lunch plate on your lap while looking in a folded up piece of paper to see if you've got the fake poop in yours? I mean really, who gets up in the morning and thinks, "Oh today I'd really like to play the poopie diaper game! That's my idea of a good time!" What are we, in kindergarten now?

Oh, and bridal showers--the gifts were of a sexual nature--dub idea of lingerie (white lace only of course, but partially see-through so everyone will laugh their heads off).

Someone always gave a box of chocolate covered cherries to symbolize the loss of virginity.

Usually someone gave a tube of Chapstick to prepare for the first kiss. How creepy to be engaged and not having kissed your fiancee yet! The older ladies used to sigh when the couple kissed at the wedding. They'd all say how happy they were to be able to witness the first kiss. Gag!

I have had the unfortunate experience of attending many many showers, dub and dub-free, and I've never seen more immature dumb behavior than I saw at the dub showers. They just have such backward ideas about sex and spend the afternoon giggling like a bunch of 2nd graders. I don't think most of them, even the married ones, even know much about sex or feel comfortable with that even being part of their lives...so they just go around playing immature games, cackling like hens and jabbing each other with their elbows. It's really sad and tacky.

I'm sad for them just remembering it.

• Married to the Mob
  • poppers
    poppers

Instead of any such looseness of conduct or excessive use of food or drink, we should control activities and regulate entertainment into profitable channels, such as the singing of Kingdom songs, playing Scriptural quiz games, relating field experiences, and so forth.

Jeeze, talk about kill-joys.

• badseed
    badseed

and jesus glorified god by providing more booze for the drunks..lol

atta boy jesus

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I danced suggestively to loud jazz music once. Look where I am now!

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

My head hurts from laughing at this mess..blaring jazz!! lol

The woman exalting thing is so silly and crazy. Of course this set of old men would say something as retarded as this. Too bad it's more than likely still the norm.

• andys
    andys

When I go on youtube and typed in Jehovahs Witnesses wedding I compared kingdom hall wedding vs. church wedding, the kingdom hall wedding looks like couples are getting married in a magazine sales type business, but church weddings on the other hand are alot more like how a wedding should be.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    I danced suggestively to loud jazz music once. Look where I am now!

OMG, thanks for the warning, New Chapter!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit