2011 District Convention "Let Us Be Bored and Confused Into Obedience"

by ranmac 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    The three days were a blur of monotanous droning and brainwashing. Is it bad that I took unprescribed painkillers to bear thru it?

Absolutely not. If you're taking percocet though, might I recommend that you take a couple of swigs of red wine along with it? From past experience, you'll feel like John did on the Isle of Patmos and it'll make the ASSembly more endurable.

He actually said that helping the poor, and building hospitals and schools is "worshiping society."

Nothing surprises me anymore with regards to the shit these idiots spew at the assemblies anymore. While the average Dub will just lap it up in their zombified state, the powers that be seem to forget that there are probably some newbies there for the first time and to hear charity work (that Jesus encouraged his followers to practice) being referred to as 'society worship', just might be enough to ensure these newbies never return. I remember several years ago at the Circuit assembly, and the moron on the platform made a nasty and derogatory comment about someone who left their money to the Humane Society instead of the Borg. There were a couple of 'worldly' people sitting in front of me who were shocked and obviously disgusted with the comment as I heard them say something and then they got up and walked out.

I'm still thinking of hitting one day with a tape recorder.........not sure if I could handle the entire day without being stoned and/or bombed out of my mind.....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

ranmac said: I just spent the most painful weekend of my life sitting thru this years DC. What an unbelievably pointless, soulless and demeaning spectacle the assemblies are. The three days were a blur of monotanous droning and brainwashing. Is it bad that I took unprescribed painkillers to bear thru it?

Yet, did you (not specifically you, ranmac, but ALL YOU FOLKS ON THIS BOARD), did you used to go away from the convention smiling from ear to ear saying or at least agreeing with "Wow! Wasn't that wonderful! Wasn't that the best convention yet!

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

This is my first year not going. It's simple. You don't have to whine anymore. Just don't go!

FREEDOM!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You seen 'em one, you seen 'em all. They never come up with anything substantially different than the ones before--just adaptations of old problems to new situations. You might get new littera-trash, but it all follows the same story line of Adam disobeying and us needing to waste our whole lives emulating the sacrifice Jesus supposedly made to "fix" that issue. They are all wasteful once you been to one.

I can think of many other things you could do with your time that are far more entertaining. For one, you could get that badly needed root canal. It would probably hurt less, and you get something done that will eventually need doing anyways. You could fill out your taxes if you are in a country when taxes are due past April (that will not work if your taxes are due in April). You could get paperwork in order to make next year's taxes easier. You could go to regular work (you will at least earn some "money", which you could use on paying bills or stocking up on necessities while they are relatively affordable). You could run your 50,000 maintenance programs to rid your computer of viruses, spyware, registry errors, driver errors, and the like. Or, you could get your home or apartment a good cleaning that you have been putting off (again, probably less dreary than sitting through another Grand Boasting Session).

• oppostate
    oppostate

Go drulz wrote: " There were some very attractive people, but also a lot of fat slobs"

Dear fellow, your Christian conscience doesn't prevent you from being judgemental of people based on their outward characteristics and body shape? I think the dear bro who you consider "obese" and call a "fat guy" and was nice enough to want to share a songbook with you would probably feel hurt at your lack of tact and Christian love.

I'd pray for forgiveness if I were you and make sure I'd try to see beyond the attractiveness of the flesh to the inner person of the heart, based on the spiritual body not the carnal appearance.

BTW you really didn't notice several bro's, especially the one with a walkie talkie, that you seemed to meet up with you wherever you went in the arena? Well, most JWs probably sized you up and didn't want to get into an argument with you, you swaggered in there with the purpose of looking for a spiritual word fight, no wonder only a couple of people even acknowledged you.

Just sayin'

:-\

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I haven't been to one in so many years. Sometimes when I'm bored on Sunday I feel like going over there for just to see what's going on. But then I feel like a walk in the park it's much more fun.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

so glad I was a no show! Hats off to all those that had to go! Whats on the DVD?

• watson
    watson

Thanks goes to gubberningbody.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

2x thanks to gubber - dammmmmmn

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw: Are you calling me a liar?.....GodRulz

http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2335398.jpg

..................... ...OUTLAW

Share this