Inactive (i.e. not reporting) witnesses won't survive armageddon

by Mickey mouse 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Did anyone else catch this in the talk at the convention 'Are you behaving as Kingdom citizen?'

• Ding
    Ding

I wasn't there, but I'm not surprised.

Because the WTS is a works-salvation system, it's all about meeting attendance and field service hours using the standard guilt and fear motivations.

• clarity
    clarity

Mickey

They must be laughing. The gb is laughing!

Last year ... knock knock " hello we're calling to tell you that armageddon is very very close, because it says in the bible ...this generation will by no means pass away bla bla bla."

Cut!

This year ... knock knock "hello we're calling to uuuhhhmmm tell you that, this generation is dead (whoops) so it's really 2 generations stuck together (under breath, oh shute how does that go again?) well anyway it is still very very close!"

Cut!

Now I don't remember hearing an apology about sending us out with the wrong message for all those years, I must have convinced at least 7 people to study on that generation teaching. Some of them got baptised!! . Did they even tell us what exactly we should now say in explanation to those bible studies, and calls.

It is the dubs who must bluster their way through all these lies and deception and pretend that everything is OK!

And They are laughing .... 'cause they know the dubs can be pushed & pushed!

They say you won't survive armageddon if you are inactive, if you don't preach!!!

But the gb keep changing the RULES!!!

The gb is playing silly buggers with the witnesses.

clarity

• godrulz
    godrulz

Salvation is based on receiving or rejecting Christ, not being on a religious treadmill for a human organization.

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, this is talking about a mechanical turning in of time...no record of such being required of Christians in the bible. Like God wouldn't know who actually spends time talking to people about Jesus and the kingdom and needs to rely on WTS records. He would certainly know who fakes their time records as well (please bear with me if you don't believe in God, jws ostensibly do).

Not turning in time when you have spent time talking about Jesus to unbelievers is flouting the self-proclaimed authority of the WTS who goes beyond the bible and gets away with it based on Matt. 24:45. The WTS has built up quite a JW Talmud starting with Christian (jw) men not being allowed to wear beards.

• Quendi
    Quendi

A Witness once related this dispiriting experience. During his visit to the congregation, the circuit overseer actually made the remark that the measure of a person's Christianity could be determined by an examination of his publisher's record card! So as Ding astutely observed, you did not need to be at the district convention to believe that the Society would make such a statement. Blondie, as usual, you hit the nail on the head. The WTS has created its own Talmud which is considered of equal weight with the Bible itself.

Quendi

• Think About It
    Think About It

During his visit to the congregation, the circuit overseer actually made the remark that the measure of a person's Christianity could be determined by an examination of his publisher's record card!

This is funny in light of the stories of all those on JWN who reported fake time. I laugh everytime someone relates that.

Think About It

• godrulz
    godrulz

God is more interested in our hearts and character than our time card. It is pathetic that many Christians are not active in sharing their faith, discipling others, etc. This highlights the power of grace vs works. All the works in the world will not get us closer to His standard of perfection (hence the need for the cross).

• Think About It
    Think About It
    God is more interested in our hearts and character than our time card.

We know that Godnumbnutz. This is an X-JW site. We no longer turn in time cards. Quit holly rollin on the floor and forgetting where you are or thinking you need to make every comment into a f'n sermon.

Think About It

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

godrulz would have you trade in a time card for a cross. Same thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit