Am I nuts or something?

by Terry 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Terry, you found yourself a hobby.

If you enjoy it... if it stimulates your mind... if it holds your interest... then go for it. Who are we to tell you what to do with your hard-earned retirement?

That said, if you are trying to determine whether such a book as you propose has a solid chance of success, Mormon and JW comparisons are a decent place to start. But why stop there? You could next research Scientology (assuming that they don't send someone to "convince" you *thud* *whack* to stop) or any number of other fringe groups and include the similarities and differences in their recruitment techniques.

You could even include groups like Amway and Shacklee and Tupperware.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

If Terry needs to get a life then so does this guy.

hassan

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Congratulations Terry on finding a hobby to keep your mind busy. A mind is a terrible thing to waste in retirement.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• scary21
    scary21

Sounds good to me. I'm interested in the Mormons, and read everything I can on them and their history. Same with JW. Both have some crazy history,and started by one man around the same time. IMO Mormon history is crazier than the JW. It would be interesting to hear their spin on that. LOL

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Your a modern day Jack Kerouac, or Ernest Hemmingway, do it.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

T, you're not nuts, but I think you could better utilize your time by looking into volunteer work at a hospital, or, if you can handle it, with a veterinay clinic. You are too great a resource to be used up with game shows and the like. just my $1/50.

• JeffT
    JeffT

No, you're not nuts for wanting to make the comparison, but I can't imagine what the research will be like.

The big question to ask is: what are you trying to accomplish? I think you'll find out that the vast majority of people don't actually give a rat's ass about either JW's or Mormons. At least that has been my experience, people will listen to stories about it over drinks, but most of them won't read a book about it.

• designs
    designs

Can you record those meetings and put them on youtube.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Seriously, perhaps being a hospice worker will satisfy you.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Hell no, your not nuts. You're probably one of the most sane people on this site. A lot saner than me I can guarantee.

I think that I need to cook some beef and pork and have you go by and pick up Quentin and come to Mineral Wells and let me listen to all of your stories while we drink beer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit