Becoming of the anointed & seeing the light

by discreetslave 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I've annointed a few women with some holy spirit. It all depends on how you define holy spirit.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

salvation doesnt depend on eschatology.its through confession of christ jesus as our saviour and him dwelling in us.by your testimony you appear to be saved and will join the lord some day.the wts are like the pharisees by shutting up the kingdom of the heavens to its flock and promising them salvation just by being companions of the elect.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Welcome! Great story! When the one elder likened you to Job I got so mad at the abuse elders give to guilt people to do what they want. Glad you are almost out!FS

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

This is great I love the variety of thoughts & support

Found Sheep the elder didn't liken me to Job I likened myself to Job I'm sitting there in tears sharing our concerns and he had nothing to say of comfort. He just sat there he didn't even say something like I'm sorry to hear that NOTHING even the look on his face was blank devoid of compassion.

Kosonen we sound like kindred spirits. I'm sorry for your sorrows. I love to talk about spiritual things so I look forward to discussions with you. I too feel like staying to help others spiritually. We had been gone from our current cong. 6 years and the friends were so happy to have my family back. They've said things like "you bring such life to the meetings" "you always know what to say to make me feel better" "your family is such an asset you really love us" "I have missed your comments you always made me think and want to search deeper" Some including elders will say what interesting points have you researched lately. The school overseer will come up and ask what do you think about...? or if there is a point he doesn't understand he'll run it by me. When I think of that I feel selfish for wanting to leave. I feel like I need to stick it out and use my influence. My husband and I have made it a point to notice who isn't there and call or visit those missing. The friends are have said they can always count on us to notice them.

As far meds go my psych doesn't think I need anything. Since '07 I have tried 8 different meds under other psychs resulting in either deeper depression or allergic reactions. The one I'm seeing now agrees with me that the acute psychosis served as a release. We compared it to a harddrive being cleaned up. I am to see him every 4-6 weeks just to be safe & he said if after the next 3 visits if I'm still doing good I won't need to continue seeing him.

With regards to others believing I am I don't care. I know two of the elders know and they are ok with it. One the cong secretary used me last week for a demo. The other said he wasn't surprised he could always see how close Jehovah & I are.

This weekend my husband & I went to see my family & while driving I spoke to him about how I see some things regarding some teachings and stuff with the cong. After listening he asked if the dr prescribed an incase of emergency med since I'm not taking anything. When I asked him why does he think I'm crazy he said no but my thoughts are so different in contrast to what we've always believed he wanted to be sure this is me & not the beginning of insanity. Then he said well if you become an apostate I will always love you are my wife. Plus the sex is too good to pass up.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I just wanted to say hi and welcome.

One of the things that lead me to leaving the Borg was re-reading the scriptures and coming to the realisation that the Christian hope is heavenly not earthly. I didn't partake at the Memorial but it felt so dead that I knew it didn't have Jehovah's spirit. It was the last meeting (and Memorial) I attended.

I don't believe in the Bible anymore as I'm now agnostic. I think we all have our own spiritual path to follow, and I'm glad that you're following yours.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello DS and welcome. I was anointed/born again whilst a witness and it changed my perception of the Org too. Not an easy road to travel, I wish you well.

Loz x

• godrulz
    godrulz

One cannot be born again unless they confess that Jesus is Lord God/YHWH (Rom. 10:9-10).

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome discreetslave!

Thanks for sending a PM, sorry I missed this thread earlier. I sent you a response. Was your bethel psychologist Bishnu Chitrikar? Boy do I have a story about him to tell one of these days.

I got the "we love your comments" treatment all the time, and more so now that I no longer comment or go in FS. So many realize that the "food" from "mother" is dull, boring, recycled. I've gotten to where I point out that I don't want to get in trouble since the direction is to never stray from the published material. This has led to some anti-witnessing, which I still do with great caution but surprising success. I'm fading and intend to be gone in about a month. FREEDOM!

• godrulz
    godrulz

Is there a thread here of your Bethel memoirs? What do you mean by anti-witnessing? Did you feel like a WT slave? Was Bethel holy Mecca for JWs, the epitomy of good and godliness?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit