Ultimately, Are You Happy That The "Truth" Is Nonexistent?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Unless you're still searching for "the Truth", are you happy to know this "Truth" is not even out there?

• blondie
    blondie

By "Truth" you mean Watchtower doctrine, it's not nonexistent, just fundamentally and primarily wrong as I see it. Truth in general, well it exists but is relative or subjective not absolute.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I am quite happy, yes.

• fortis et liber
    fortis et liber

blondie took the thoughts right out of my head, exactly; and minimus to answer your question, yes, I am extremely happy that I realized what I did about "the Truth" i.e. it is no truth at all. However, I am deeply saddened too as my entire family still drinks the Kool-Aid.

~ Fortis

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Truth in general, well it exists but is relative or subjective not absolute.

I'd respectfully disagree Blondie. A lot of truth, especially mathematics, is certainly absolute and can confidently be built on, that's how we know that 5 loaves and 7 fishes will never equal 5,019 meals.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

YES

• fortis et liber
    fortis et liber

nicolaou, I certainly cannot speak for blondie but, since I wrote she "took the thoughts right out of my head" I will further explain in light of your comment.

I was thinking of the 'truth' in an existential way i.e. 'truth' being what is authentic and right for each separate, self-determining individual. A personal truth, a guiding principle by which one lives their life compared with the absolute 'truths' found in, for instance, mathematics which, as you pointed out are absolute -- they are not the same.

The Witlesses claim to have “the truth” i.e. that collection of guiding principles by which one should live their life. Which, when you think of it, it is really quite remarkable that the Dubs refer to it as "the truth" at all seeing as none of their theories (theorems) prove true in the least, how ironic.

~ Fortis

• cantleave
    cantleave

The truth is we are here, we are conscious, we have senses that enable us to live a full life.

I'm loving this life and have never been happier!

• minimus
    minimus

I know of inactive JWs that still are looking for "The Truth.

• fortis et liber
    fortis et liber

that's how we know that 5 loaves and 7 fishes will never equal 5,019 meals.

nicolaou, come to think of it, upon further reflection, perhaps you were being ironical all along; time for me to go outside for a walk !!

~ Fortis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit