Ultimately, Are You Happy That The "Truth" Is Nonexistent?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Perhaps there in no absolute truth in anything we believe or think we know; as beliefs and knowledge about a tree, is not a tree.

Yet, the tree may reveal it's actual truth if we are silent and open to it. May the "ultimate Truth" not be revealed likewise?

• ziddina
    ziddina

I am happy that I am no longer imprisoned by the Watchtower Society's lies...

That their trademarked version of "truth" has turned out to be impotent - a paper tiger...

As for real 'truths' - It is most pleasant to have made their acquaintance... Well, MOST of the time...

Zid

• wobble
    wobble

I don't worry that there are questions I don't know the answer to, and may never know.

I am enjoying learning many new things, some of which may turn out to be false, but so what ?

I do not put my trust in anything that I cannot see satisfactory proof for, so if something nebulous turns out to be wrong, who cares ?

It didn't affect my life, because I did not put faith/trust in it for lack of proof.

"The Truth" is probably unnatainable, and overrated.

• moshe
    moshe

In the final analysis, the value of a JW's life will be no different than for anyone else- dust is, well, just dust.

• luna2
    luna2

If you are speaking about the WTS, then yes, I'm happy that their "truth" is nonexistent. At the time I was leaving, though...not so much. It was very hard to admit to myself that I'd been fooling myself for so many years. It was hard to face telling my family that I'd been so wrong. I was depressed for a good long time after deciding that it was time to leave and not go back. There are things about yourself that you sometimes don't want to have to face up to...that was my situation.

• petitebrunette
    petitebrunette

Very! I feel very free, not without sadness for my family still in and not associating with me and believing the lies, but I'm very happy. I wish I could have done some things different growing up in "the truth", like college, school activities, etc., but I was still raised with good morals and in a healthy way. I won't let being duped for so long make me unhappy, I'm free now!

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Our family is happy to realize that the WT's: "truth" was a lie.

Because those of us with best intentions could not please some of the men that the WT "appointed."

When you read the Bible by it self while meditating on God, your bound to cast some of the elders

into the "bad guy" roles. We quit going to their self-glorifying meetings were loop members perform

before the CO, to get parts at the assy. Many of their family members were mean. I mean,

really mean! You could just see it in their faces. you had to be there for a while. Many we're into the

practice of putting on a show for visitors. Truth? Nope! Not at all. All pretend for some of these folks.

We feel really bad for the clueless left behind, but if you tell them they have a nervous breakdown.

It's happened several times. So make sure they have a security blanket before you answer their questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit