Theology

by sabastious 136 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I love how believers think they can speak for God, telling everyone how God feels, what he thinks about any number of things, and why despite being omnipotent and omniscient he can't be bothered with talking to anyone in person. More hilarious is how we're supposed to just accept the assertions despite the complete lack of evidence for any of it.

• godrulz
    godrulz

God did talk to individuals and they recorded these things. Creation, Christ, Word of God, conscience, believers, etc. is not a complete lack of evidence.

If the Bible is God's Word (Jesus considered it as such), to proclaim it is God speaking to us. Thus saith the Lord is God speaking. Your posts are essentially you speaking. We can speak for God. If God says Jn. 3:16, then we can speak it. The authority is His words, not ours.

Gen. 1:1 is revelation from God. The issue is that you are rejecting it without evidence and I am believing it with evidence.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

If there is a God, we are obligated to know and love Him.

Why ? where does this suggestion come from ? how do we know he cares about humanity at all ?

If has been here with us at one time he hasn't been around for millions of years during are long biological evolution.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The issue is that you are rejecting it without evidence and I am believing it with evidence.

There has been many words spoken of gods and what they did or what they will do.

Yahweh is just one of the those spoken gods.

Can words spoken out of men's mouth be taken as evidence to any god ?

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

You don't know who you are messing with.

And that suits me fine. I really don't want to know you. And you don't want to know me, either. Trust me on that one. But, don't you just have a bit of a dark side, godrulz? Not so much a lamb after all?

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Glad to see that nothing has changed here. Fundy atheists being their usual obnoxious selves, and un-armed Christians attempting to debate them.

• godrulz
    godrulz

I was talking about messing with God, not me (though I do have a black belt in TKD).

trueone: the universe is not millions of years old; the greatest thing is not Armstrong/man walking on the moon, but God walking on earth (Jesus). He is the full and final revelation of God. To see Him is to see the Father. We know He cares about us and loves us by His providence in creation and provision of the cross (Ps. 19; Rom. 5:8).

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

the universe is not millions of years old.

Oh yes it is if you studied the earth's geological evolution. and its shown applical evidence.

Astrophysics can help you out there too.

Why did you choose the gods of the ancient Judeans, was this just out of choice or out the fact that you live in a country

that is mostly Christian in their religious beliefs ?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

If I told you I was a god would you believe in me just from my written words ?

• godrulz
    godrulz

Any nut can claim to be God/a god. This is not an argument against the existence for the Living God.

Catastrophism vs uniformitarianism (global Noahic flood) explains the geological evidence. The star light problem has been dealt with by creation scientists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit