Theology

by sabastious 136 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Right on!
    -Sab

LOL !
    Well, we ALL have and start with preconceived notions and ideas, that was th eone thing that was made clear in my first class at school.

How we view things is greatky effected by those notions and mine are based simply of the following reasons and rational:

God is Love and that love was revealed completely and fully in Christ.

We humans are fallen and imperfect and as such, can't be more than the perfect Love, that is God as revelaed in Christ.

As such, anything that I, as a lowly human, would not do or say or feel in the context of uncondtional love, God as revealed in Christ can't do.

In other words, God can NOT love less than I NOR can God be less moral than I.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

God is Love and that love was revealed completely and fully in Christ.

Really, when you take an exploratory look at what he did in the ancient world/Times, seems

he showed anything but love to mankind and his own son.

Letting your own son to be slowly tortured to death, is that a description of love ?

Having someone put to death for the sake and redemption of the so called sins of others is morally sick and twisted.

The ancients really dreamed up alot things for their gods to do when you think about it.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Really, when you take an exploratory look at what he did in the ancient world/Times, seems

Indeed.

he showed anything but love to mankind and his own son.

He created out of love, His Son is the incarnation of His love.

Letting your own son to be slowly tortured to death, is that a description of love ?

No one suffered more than God, do you think he didn't feel every lash? every hit, every spit and all the pain?

He did.

Having someone put to death for the sake and redemption of the so called sins of others is morally sick and twisted.

We put Christ to death, I don't recall God doing anything to Christ other than be there with Him.

The ancients really dreamed up alot things for their gods to do when you think about it.

Man equated to God on MAN's level, not God's so what we do have is MAN's account of what MAN thought of God and yes, ancient man projected himself unto God.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Theology = examination of ancient mystical story telling

Religion = an organized agreed to set of lies

• sabastious
    sabastious
    As such, anything that I, as a lowly human, would not do or say or feel in the context of uncondtional love, God as revealed in Christ can't do.

To me, not even the jumping spider on the wall in my living room is considered lowly. The vast majority of all life that has ever existed here has become extinct and yet, still, here we and that spider are. We are NOT lowly.

Don't believe the lie that existence of a life can be somehow compared against another in any way including God.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Theology = examination of ancient mystical story telling

When a human tells a story they believe to be true, even if challenged, then it is not story telling (fiction) alone. It is actually human psychology and should be placed in a different category than, say, Aladdin or the Godfather Trilogy.

-Sab

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

godrulz, take a look at how Luke 9:54-56 has been hacked up in the revised versions. Jesus had clearly rebuked his own apostles and indicted Elijah for reflecting Jehovah's evil manner of spirit by calling down fire from heaven to consume the enemy.

As it's been already pointed out, the NT isn't much kinder than the OT. Ananias and Sapphira being struck down for holding on to a little of their own money is all one needs to see, if they want to see. Bible believers, however, don't want to see.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Those who think that the OT God is wrathful and the NT God is nice/merciful don't know God or the Bible. There is great mercy and patience in the OT, in addition to wrath. The greatest wrath of God is seen in Revelation from the God-Man, Jesus. God is loving, merciful, AND Holy/Just. People like to tame God and see Him as love only divorced from His holiness. The Bible does not sugar coat things and gives accurate revelation of His dealings with man, in mercy and in wrath. You guys don't see the holiness of God and your own sinfulness, so you dismiss His justice and very existence. This does not cut it because you will still give account to Him (hence the desperate need to be hid in Christ vs naked) whether you believe in or understand Him or not. The Bible does not defense nor does God. It stands as truth, so learn to interpret and accept it instead of dissing it as if you are a god.

Believers do not have a problem with anything in the Bible. It is the self-rigtheous skeptics that think they know better than God.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Let's see if God still strike people down.

Hey Jesus, you suck.

Hey God, you suck.

Hey Holy Spirit, you suck donkey balls.

Hmmm... still here. Too bad GR, looks like God's taken the afternoon off.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Justice delayed is NOT justice denied. This is the Church Age of Grace, not OT theocracy for Israel. There are 1000s of years of mercy/grace and a future 3 1/2 year period of wrath before the Prince of Peace returns....and you guys still complain and impugn His character. I wish Hitler and Satan would have been snuffed, but issues of free will, etc. kept them going. God will triumph over evil and you and I will give account for every thought and word and action. The difference will be that my sins are covered by His blood (all the works in the world cannot add to this, JWs), whereas those who reject His free gift will 'pay' for their own sins. Why choose justice when mercy is being offered on the basis of His great price, the precious blood of Christ, the God-Man. It was not a flunky angel who came and died. It was Yahweh Himself. Anyone who spits in His face in light of this love and holiness is an idiot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit