Theology

by sabastious 136 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Joey, I read that book. Started out interesting and quickly devolved into his own personal theology. He's basically the Pope of the Church of Whacko.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

yes, I agree, I also got that impression, but there are things mentioned that are hard to ignore and refute.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Been a while since I read it. Did you have anything in particular in mind?

• godrulz
    godrulz

Incipient Gnosticism was dealt with by John and Paul in Scripture. It is a heresy and this guy probably has little good to say in line with truth. He is not a big player. In light of a wealth of credible, conservative, godly scholarship, why do you guys gravitate to fringe authors like WT does to try to find support for their indefensible theories? It would be good to read it, but critically. Too many want spirituality without a holy God. Spirituality will still send one to hell since it is of the devil when it is contradictory to biblical truth (or just the musings of men trying to sell books, but used to keep or lead people away from Christ). Discernment is sorely lacking in this experiential generation.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

If you think that guy has little good to say, you should check out god! he silently approved of sex with young girls and vocally approved of slavery and murder! Of course, you worship him, so you clearly must agree with those positions as well.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The fact you are not hit by lightning is evidence of His love, mercy, patience, but you will not escape justice if you don't repent.

Christians don't get hit by lightning? Someone should have noticed this! Sign me up!

• godrulz
    godrulz

Yes, we get hit by lighting. Of course, it was a cultural euphemism usually said by unbelievers.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Gnosticism was dealt with by the Catholic church...and we all know how they liked to deal with people who didn't agree with them. That is the only reason their version of belief became so rampant.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Yes, we get hit by lighting. Of course, it was a cultural euphemism usually said by unbelievers.

Why are you talking like an unbeliever? God may smite you for that.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

still thinking beat me to it, godrulz it doesn't hurt to show a little bit of humility once in a while, you can also make your own decisions if you dont agree, the catholic canon was put together with a political agenda, read about constantine he's the author.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit