As of today, I will no longer be one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

by Knowsnothing 68 Replies latest jw experiences

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I spoke with my sister, she's been giving me great advice to stand firm. I've decided not to give in to mother's pleas any longer. I am only enabling her to continue to control me through this "last thing I am asking from you. Do it for me." That's the only reason I spoke with the first 2 elders.

The vicious cycle must end. I cannot give her hope of returning. All I can do is expose the WT for what it is, and be branded apostate by my mother, or make her reason and react. I wish I could give it time, but that would only be enabling her. Control isn't hers any longer.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah...

Is it possible that the level of control offered by the Watchtower Society fit in with your mother's own agenda to control you?

I ask that because that was my situation. And I disassociated myself and walked away from the religion AND my diseased, dysfunctional family all at once - FLAT.

I gave them absolutely NO warning that I was going to D/A myself. I'd had to put up with their vicious bullying and manipulation for decades, and I just wanted out.

But some people DO need to fade - for various reasons...

Well, as I said... Success in your course. But I sure hope that you are truly independent of your mother - separate living quarters, not relying on her for financial assistance, and so on... Otherwise, things could become a bit awkward.

Zid

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

Hello KN !

"The truth shall make you free" / it implies a little knowledge from Bible ! The Knowledge as Jesus is giving to those asking !

I believe in Father and His Son , and after I became "free" from organizations, this is what I have been helped to understand:

ELIJAH’s VOICE

The Kingdom of God – when in Heaven ? — according to “Jesus’ teaching”

Are JWs Exclusively God’s People?

The "latter days" chronology revealed

I hope the knowledge of the truth shall make you free...in Christ !

wantingtruth.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

No point in speaking to the elders now. They just want to convince you that you are wrong. If you listen to them and go back to the KH, they will wipe the floor with you - you'll get some sort of punishment, believe me.

Get out, get a life. I'm not sure how old you are and whether you are living independently. If you are under age, well, you'll have to live with your mother but she can't physically pick you up and force you to go to the KH, so don't go.

• Dudu
    Dudu

wow is so close to my situation!!! Being baptized at 10 ... mom getting emotional about desicions .... Keep strong!!!

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Oh guys, I forgot to announce. I officially disassociated.

I did go to that "last elder's meeting" which really seemed like a JC, as there were 3 elders there. They had info. on trying to help me "clear up my doubts" about the org. They even had the new elder's book. They tryed to convince me, but I told them that regardless of if this was the "truth" that I wasn't interested at the moment.

I am not looking for organised religion anymore. I always thought "Live and let live."

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Freedom Glorious Freedom!!!

• Bucholz
    Bucholz

Congratulations on your newfound freedom!

Just be aware of a little nasty disease called "Stockholm Syndrome"

• shepherd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit