As of today, I will no longer be one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

by Knowsnothing 68 Replies latest jw experiences

• moshe
    moshe
    Victor? Logic and reason.

It's too bad that most JWs never get to see their leaders thumped by logic and reason in a debate.

• Ding
    Ding

What did you bring up? Doctrine? False prophecies? UN? Malawi-Mexico? Flip-flops?

Most JWs -- including elders -- don't debate much any more.

They just talk about the faithful and discreet slave, waiting on Jehovah, and Armageddon.

• umadevi
    umadevi

I just read your earlier thread where you wrote about yourself. I commend you on your decision to stand firm on your beliefs. I wish I had your boldness to face up the elders say that I no longer want to be a JW. Best Wishes.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I'm holding your hand while you go through this....

• 2pink
    2pink

good for you...stand your ground. it's a scary leap, BUT your life is about to get 110% better.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Well done, sir. Ripping the bandaid off quickly or slowly results in pain. Me, I prefer quick.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Congratulations!! Hang tight - there'll be a bit of a storm ahead as people come to terms - or DON'T come to terms - with your choice. But remember - once you've gotten thru the worst of it, you have a BRIGHT future ahead of you!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Update #1
    The elder came, saw, and left. Victor? Logic and reason.
    I refuted every single point. Not to puff myself, just that I was able to respectfuly stand my ground.
    Here comes round 2. My mother asked for a more "knowledgable" elder to come. I await his coming, knowing truth and conviction cannot be defeated. This is last round, and I know I won.
    More updates as I can.

Good luck on these "spiritual boxing matches"!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Regardless of what they do to you (disfellowshiping) You will have won something so much more precious. Your freedom to think for yourself, the freedom to associate with whom you please - you cannot beat it. They believe they can "reason" you back into the fold, but when your mind is made up to leave, nothing they say or do can pull you back into that death trap.

Be free and live your truth.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Yes the mythical elder that can turn apostasy around. Isn't it kind of strange that people always want someone else to solve all their problems? I've been told to go talk to the elders too. Apparently my reasoning it too strong for normal dubs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit