They May Have Hit The Bottom Of Dumb

by metatron 21 Replies latest jw friends

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

So they've got the semi-retard edition of the brochure, and the above and beyond retard version.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Europe's numbers have flatlined and/or are in recession, the US is not far behind, saved perhaps only by foreign language.

The Society knows their target: poor, uneducated, no Internet access, third world.

Terry is also right. The human need TO FEEL IMPORTANT is not to be underestimated.

• nugget
    nugget

I suppose the less you have to write then the less you have to change. The new brochure is a travesty but seeing as I wasn't at the meeting that explained why it was introduced I don't know what deeper purpose they may have.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Matthew 11:25

25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    So they've got the semi-retard edition of the brochure, and the above and beyond retard version.....NRFG

Let`s get WatchTarded!.. Yeah!

........................ ...OUTLAW

• metatron
    metatron

So, they gather a great crowd of retards and illiterates - who can't even do a Bible reading without help.

And then what? They grew their numbers but to what end? Perhaps they could develop a program for comatose patients in which the movement of an eyebrow or finger signifies dedication leading to baptism.

metatron

• Mary
    Mary

This is not really surprising. The WTS attracts virtually no one with anything beyond a highschool education, so all of their literature is geared towards the 'uneducated masses'. Since it is hard to be a 'somebody' these days without a degree or at least a diploma, the ones that are attracted to the 'Fun With Dick and Jane' stories that the 6th floor churns out are generally those who struggle with low self-esteem and have a difficult time in life. What could possibly be more attractive than a simplistic story telling them that they don't need to better themselves, save any money, worry about retirement or the future, because very "soon", all their problems will be solved if they just join the WTB&TS and help distribute their Dick and Jane literature to other unsuspecting souls.

This cult is digressing rapidly when it comes to intellectual stimulation or even reasoning. Not that they had much of that in the first place.......

• cantleave
    cantleave

If the dumass recruit has disposalable income they are more likely to give it over to the Watchtower, than someone with a brain!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are slipping wherever people have a brain. You go to places like the United States, Canada, most of the major European countries, Japan, and Australia, and you are losing members. I noticed even small countries are losing members--New Zealand, for instance, had lost more than 1,700 members between 1996 and 2001 and gained back only 80 during the next 5 years (most likely, family members getting baptized as children).

When you are slipping in advanced countries, you need to resort to uneducated countries. Even in places like Mexico, Brazil, and Chile, they are peaking out. So you look at countries like Nigeria, where very few actually are educated. That is where most of their growth is lately, and is responsible for part of the inflation of their numbers. You can't call it "7.5 million" if 2 million of those are so stupid that they need extremely dumbed down littera-trash just to understand the basics (and another 2-2.5 million mostly turn in fake reports). But, they need to do that to keep up the illusion that they are a growing religion.

My question: If the religion is so great, then why aren't educated people also joining? A sound religion would attract people with a basic education and continue attracting them after they get better educated. This simply isn't happening--the numbers between 1996 and 2006 for New Zealand are typical of other advanced countries (like Japan, for instance).

• willyloman
    willyloman

What I learned from my borg experience is, dumb has no bottom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit