They May Have Hit The Bottom Of Dumb

by metatron 21 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

The new brochure, Learn From God and Live Forever", is a new low for the Watchtower Society in descending into illiteracy and ignorance. It dips lower than the old "Enjoy Life" brochure. It is hard for me to imagine what the thinking behind this work is, when the intended reading level is so profoundly abysmal. Will they really benefit from an influx of retarded people?

Oh, but wait! There is a EVEN MORE DUMBED DOWN VERSION OF THIS PUBLICATION FOR THE MENTALLY CHALLENGED !!!!!! I KID YOU NOT!

It's simply "Learn From God" !!!! Unbelieveable! Just pictures and three or four easy words at the bottom of each page. I'm not kidding when I say that they have dipped lower than "Dick And Jane At The Seashore". This is the bottom, folks! After this, converts simply grunt and point to pictures as to communication.

What on earth are they hoping for? What kind of useful membership does this attract? Do they have money? Can they tie their shoes by themselves? Will they be a support or a burden?

metatron

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Shocking isn't it? When Ynot posted links to both brochures a little while ago everyone who downloaded them thought they had selected the simplified one first instead of the 'real' one.

They should just fess up and say "we don't know how to explain what we expect you to believe anymore so just do as we say and stop asking questions already". At least it would be honest...

• journey-on
    journey-on

The have taken the scriptural admonition to "be as little children" to a whole new level.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

What on earth are they hoping for? What kind of membership does this attract?

They are hoping for people who are not smart enough to ask questions or notice any changes.

They will definitely be a burden. But wait! They are not a charity organization. So quess who will be left to support them?

In the congregation we just exited there were just such people, one of whom was the Watchtower conductor who was functionally illiterate.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing personal against people who did not have the opportunity to get an education. But becoming a member of the WT cult effectively stops any chance they will have of bettering themselves. So sad, pathetic really.

Years ago we were told that since Jehovah could read hearts he would take care of the mentally ill.

Reopened Mind

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

METATRON: Yes, they are heading for "point and grunt" instead of literacy. I guess they realize any increase is coming from third world countries and they want to make it easy. It also appeals to some people in this country who don't want to think, much less read. What a far cry from what things used to be. Surely these new members are going to be a burden. I suspect a good amount of them have a "rice christians" mentality. This is the reason I am glad I am no longer there. I would be running from all the deadbeats and needy people. This is really what it has come to.

• steve2
    steve2

Anyone got the link to this brochure? Thanks.

• Terry
    Terry

It is about the contact and not the information.

Faith is about feeling something.

Giving a person a book or pamphlet with happy thoughts and promises is reaching out to them.

Being reached out to is far more appealing than a well-constructed theology argument.

It means YOU ARE IMPORTANT.

That can attract far more people than you might imagine.

Belonging to a "family" of "brothers" and "sisters" with a purpose that leads to everlasting happiness is a bombshell to lonely, unhappy and hopeless persons nobody is paying any attention to.

By the time you discover nothing much has changed in your life you are invested deeply.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

It works!

Besides, somebody might contribute! $$$
  • VM44
    VM44

links to brochure?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Never under estimate the organization that brought the World "Happified"and "Overlapping Generation"..

The WBT$ can and will..

Out-Stupid itself at every opportunity..

..................:-)...OUTLAW

• Black Sheep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit