Just curious

by outonalimb 48 Replies latest jw friends

• outonalimb
    outonalimb

Thank you Wick. Well spoken. That is line of thinking I was trying to convey. Just because the majority of the posters here are ex-JW's,
    it does'nt necessarily mean all that read these posts agree. There are
    millions of lost souls out there looking to "belong". Maybe they see ex-JWs as the weak ones, unable to be part of a movement geared towards a universal family. Not willing to sacrifice their individuality for a "better" world. My question was an innocent (albeit somewhat naive) one. I have no agenda regarding any religious sects. I visit here purely out of interest in the human mind and spirit (I use that term loosely). Personally I don't care if anyone here is Jewish/Catholic/JW or an atheist for that matter, just don't push your beliefs on me. Julie replied that I will learn from this board. She was right. I learned today that it doesn't matter how intelligent you are, or think you are,the minute you belittle someone for making a statement that isn't agreeable, or perhaps understood, you lose all credibility.When Refiners first replied to my post I was taken aback at his anger. As I read deeper into it, and his subsequent posts, I realized he has way too much anger to objectively post anything of real value. I find that some of the posters considered intelligent just enjoy hearing themselves speak. They go on endlessly to address something that could have been said in half the time. I assume they are self important individuals that are basically insecure. Why else would someone put forth so much effort to appear more intelligent than they are? Who's posts have the most bang for the buck? IMHO Seeker for one. His posts are direct, knowledgable and based mostly on facts. You get the feeling he has a wonderful mind and posesses an emotional intelligence as well. There are many others, Seeker just came to mind first. I also learned what a troll is today LOL. While I understand Refiners dismay with such people, I hardly think it necessary to verbally abuse someone for speaking their mind. This a DISCUSSION BOARD after all. Freedom of speech ring any bells? My intentions were not to raise anyones ire with my original post, my apologies if I did. With that said, I will sign off now, I don't want to drone on and be misconstrued as being intelligent:)

mn

it is by reason alone that we can distinguish truth from falsehood....

• Julie
    Julie

Well hello there Refiner's Fire, You finally have the nerve to address me directly, had a strong drink of liquid courage have you? About time. You asked, obviously bewildered:

But I might ask, Julie, why it is that you have seen fit to launch a personal attack against me? Insulting me.
    I believe we have never directly addressed each other before in the 4 months I have been on this board.Have I said something, somewhere, that has offended you?

Again, no you haven't addressed me *directly* that I am aware of but it seems you do enjoy referring to me in less than pleasant ways. You big brave man you. Let us talk about a recent occurance that has likely slipped your limited mind, shall we?

:They see you as an easy target too, cause (so far)youve always felt compelled to respond and justify yourself.

Apparently that short term memory thing is really a problem for you. Not *always*, which is too bad, as the time it really mattered, and he didn't, I think prevented many people from getting even more out of a particular discussion you seem to claim to not even recall the thread of. As for an easy target, well Amazing and I have been trying to work out our differences via e-mail so I will refrain from comment.

You might note too, in the thread I take all these quotes of yours from, I clearly demonstrate how Amazing READS the mind and heart of Amnesian, yet all ignored it (you included). So again, not "always".

:I got an exercize for ya.
    Post one of your little Julie/Amnesian/Tina baits, then ,when they respond....just ignore it!!

Oh so you feel that he was baiting us? I thought it rather obvious too, glad to see someone firmly in his camp concurs. One of the most intelligent things I've seen you write yet. I knew he was too. Could think of no positive reason for this though.

Funny how you lump the three of us women together so frequently and then claim to have no memory of anything we've posted. You are not well equipped for duplicity, better off sticking to the truth.

:By the way, I can recall the names of many of your threads Amazing, they sort of..stick in the mind.

Considering he is the most prolific poster on the board I would have to qualify you as a special kind of stupid if you *didn't* recall at least a few of them.

:Cant think of a single thread started by any of the "Amazing 3" that Ive even Read.

Here's that lie again. I think you well remember Amnesian's thread to Amazing that was a rebuttal to a couple of exchanges. I mean it only dominated the board for days. You got a drinking problem or something?

As to my own posts being remembered, I do not Post many this is true, I do comment often, this too is true. While I consider myself the poorest philanthropist on the planet and I usually do that sort of thing rather secretly, I prefer that sort of effort to personal fame. Did you notice the thread Let's have a Baby Shower? It wasn't anything great. Just a plea for some of Wendy's (Mommy)friends to kick in and help a friend in need. I realize you are very busy accusing every newcomer here as being a troll but perhaps you may have noticed (or like to be informed of) the results of that forgettable post. (Forgive me here Wendy) I have gotten e-mails from Wendy that have made me cry with happiness for the response she has gotten. I do not think she will need to buy one thing for that baby due any day now and it is due to her kindness to others, but I raised the issue.

Yes, I will take private e-mails with lists (the endless sort) of much needed gifts and the knowledge that a few words I typed into a keyboard made serious positive changes in lives. Wendy for one, now no longer stuck in the mire of desperately acquiring needed goods for baby, Wendy's children learning lessons of generosity to and from strangers, Wendy's husband being able to provide the basics for his family and not feeling like he's not doing enough because they are doing without (which you may or may not know can cause great stress in a marriage BTW).

Amazing or whoever can have all the fame on the board. I will take those precious, priceless e-mails any day. Aside from her e-mails I have been so touched to see the kindness and generosity of many who post here. You would be amazed at how many did stuff secretly that didn't get posted (but Wendy told me of some privately). There are many here who seek no fame or rememberance and did great things for Wendy intentionally secretly. I have nothing but the highest regard for these folks (Waiting, I hear you are going to make a hell of a Grandma one day BTW) for their actions.

As to my allegation that you like to hurl insults, tell me honestly Refiner's, do you mean lumping Tina, Amnesian and I as the "amazing 3" as a compliment? (I take it as one though I have good reason to believe you mean it as a slur to side with your friend) Was your lie of our "forgettable posts" meant to be a compliment? Oh and do yourself a favor and please do not claim to not recall Amnesian's post that started it all, save yourself the embarrassment.

As to my reference to your name calling hobby, um, does the word TROLL ring a bell? You toss that around as common as a narcissist uses the term "I". It's gotten to the point where any poor soul who signs up here is a TROLL.

No you have never directly addressed me until now. You are free to stick to off-hand references or direct insults as you choose, either way, I'll call you on them so have at it. Your choice.

Complete lack of regard,
    Julie

Edited for reasons of diplomacy, believe it or not.

• butalbee
    butalbee

All I can say is thank you to every apostate, ex-jw, inactive jw that posts here--after reading your stories and all the crazy ass crap the WT personally put you all through, it helped me to realize that I would be making the biggest mistake of my life converting.

Your friend,
    Lara

• jerome
    jerome

the bible is a two edged sword
    yeild it the wrong way and it you WILL cut yourself!

• outonalimb
    outonalimb

Hi Amazing,

Outonalimb: You ARE out on a limb ...

How So?

mn

• butalbee
    butalbee

Jerome--What does the ... mean darling??? You're being too vague.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Yeah, Julie baby, Youre really not as clever as you think you are are you?
    Would you like me to rewrite that , is it too complicated?too many "yous" and "ares". okay...
    Im disappointed in you. Youre not as clever as I assumed you were.

Of course I know why youve attacked me girl. I just wanted YOU to be sure you knew why you were attacking me. All because I gave poor old Amazing a bit of back up when he was down and struggling.
    Haha. I notice everything I said in that post is burned into your memory. Musta got to you huh? Dont wanna hurt your feelings but I wont remember what you have said in this thread tomorrow. It just dont interest me enough to remember.

Was I too cryptic for you with my innocent question as to what I had done to offend you? Too subtle? I thought women were supposed to be intuitive Jules, able to read between the lines.
    Sorry, I overestimated you.

Anyway your post....
    blah blah blah...okay.
    Yeah, Julie still havent really READ your post,( see, I have to say that dont I julie? Otherwise I'll be logically inconsistent with myself, and as a man I couldnt deal with that could I? hahaha).
    I never read any of em,nor really read em I just scan em for the ghist of what your saying, the flavour if you will. I couldnt possibly read a full post of yours ,too boring.
    Too opinionated. Too clever by half.( I mean YOU think your clever)

Anyway....

Responses.
    Out on a limb says "Refiners is angry, refiner is FULL of anger'-
    Paraphrase (see, Im not even interested enough to quote correctly)
    The guy knows nothing of who or what I am . I agree Ive misjudged him in calling him Troll. Apologies Limb. I was paranoid last night.

Now Julie.
    .."Ive finally had the nerve to address you"..
    I havent had the interest in addressing you sweet biscuit.You dont turn me on. And I only talk to women who turn me on.

..." someone firmly in Amazings camp"...
    What fuckin camp is that? The female hating camp? Not me.
    Amazings a wanker in my view. But I do read his posts.
    Im not in his "camp".I just dont like seeing ANYONE being GANGED UP ON. Doesnt matter who they are. If there was 4 people stompin you Julie Id help you...actually, thinkin on it, no I wouldnt. Id just watch.

...."refiners got a short term memory problem because he doesnt remember Amazing said this, julie said that"....
    Yeah. Julie. pay attention I dont remember this and that because what you post dont interest me. It doesnt stick in my memory.
    Ive got a problem remembrin what you say because I dont care. Got it?
    Only reason Im responding to you now is because you personally directly attacked me. And it amuseth me, for the moment to fuck with your head.

.." Ive had a slug of liquid courage'...
    I dont drink booze, hot pants, really you just dont get any of your facts right before opening your mouth.

..."Refiner calls lots of people a troll"...(paraquote)
    Rubbish. Rubbish. rubbish...I think I been playin troll hunter for two days.The latest game. 5 days ago the sites main game was 'flirt with the girls' Get your facts straight for Gods sake....
    What am I supposed to do now?....justify myself? Explain what Im really meaning? Christ.. Think what you like..

All the other stuff quoting me quoting you I didnt read, just couldnt be bothered. Sorry If I dont play your game.....

(edited at 5:30 am)
    Okay, Ive actually read the full post and made a liar of myself,perhaps you can wring some mileage out of that Julie.
    I see its not a "quote me quote you" attack as I ASSUMED INCORRECTLY but instead states that you are a poor philanthropist, then proceeds at length to demonstrate what a great humanitarian you are, as you recite your own generosity, and how weepily moved you are by your own kindness....
    I have to laugh...really.
    Julie. You now have my permission to go off into a state of full scale foaming at the mouth righteous hate ....

and more....
    "big brave man"...
    really, youve got an issue with men havent you.Your problem, not mine.

...."amazing is trying to work out his differences with you"...
    I wonder why he would bother.Perhaps he desperately wants you to understand him. Please dont ever email me, I beg you,
    I only wish to recieve email from people who interest me.

One final thought for you. You and I may dance, but the time and place of the dancing will always be selected by me.

• Valentine
    Valentine

refiners,
    You are living proof that shit can sprout legs and walk.

You don't carefully read Julies posts,yet come to such an erroneous and assanine assessment of her and her writing....lol

A woman'must turn you on' to be interested here? lolol
    Talk about stupid,you must be the first one born in your family w/o a tail. And no dear,you do NOT select the dances here lol. You most certainly dance to your own accordion.

You are indeed a shallow little guy.Your posts prove this.Tina,handing refiners fool a glass of STFU and suggesting the 'Biped loser lovefinders' site to you,where you can get 'turned on'.

Todays Affirmation:
    The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.

• outonalimb
    outonalimb

Refiners-
    you said :The guy knows nothing of who or what I am .

You are correct. But from the venom you spew, I can only deduce that you are angry. That is the impression you give. I have seen nothing else from you that would convince me otherwise. We are what we write, unless we are all lying to ourselves and the world. Apology accepted.

mn

it is by reason alone that we can distinguish truth from falsehood....

• Julie
    Julie

Good morning Refiner's Fire,

My but that was nearly coherent, good for you! Anyway, thanks for the compliment on my memory, yes, remarkably so I have a darn good one. I did note a bit of contradiction on your part, perhaps you could help me out here. You claim you've no interest in talking *to* me and yet you have shown enough interest to talk *about* me, why is that? We'd never addressed each other yet you felt comfortable discussing me, interesting.

I have no problem with men, I rather like them, probably due to the great relationship I always had with my dad (may he rest in peace). As to my "philanthropy", it was merely a way to make a point that it is not how memorable my posts are that matter to me but the results of some efforts I may make on the behalf of others that I care about. Sorry you were too caught up in being defensive (and yet at the same time offensive) to have missed that simple point.

Let me assure you as to save you any undue stress, I have absolutely no intention of e-mailing you. I frankly would not have even referred to you in this thread if I didn't think you were needlessly attacking Outonalimb, who made the fatal mistake of wandering in here and asking a question. It was apparent in your attack on him that you hadn't even read his other posts and quickly jumped to the conclusion "troll".

Perhaps you should actually try reading what you reply to sometime. I cannot help but think you would certainly come off as seemingly more intelligent, or at least coherent. Just a friendly FYI.

As to Amazing and I working out our differences in e-mail, you wonder why he would bother (perhaps there are a few who wonder why *I* would). Well it seems we are both adults, we both realize there is good in the other and we know if we can work out our personal differences maybe we can work together to accomplish something productive in the future. It's a grown-up sort of thing so I completely understand if it's all a foreign concept to you.

Sincerely hoping you seek the help you so obviously need,
    Julie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit