Just curious

by outonalimb 48 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey mommy,How are you feeling?I hope your doing well.I`m just having some fun.I know some newbies come off as trolls,but their just getting the hang of the board.There are others who are just too good at the game and want to play and abuse the kinder ones on the board.Those are the only ones I go after.It`s nice of you to watch after the new ones on the board...OUTLAW

• mommy
    mommy

(((refiners)))) I did the same thing a few times. I was on constant alert and ended up with my foot in my mouth a time or two. I have learned that turning off the PC and picking up a book, does wonders.lol It took me forever to figure that out though. But as I said it is much easier on your heart, I hate feeling on edge.

Outlaw Well, I had a good laugh a few nights ago with the "Dear William" trollette. I agree some are easy to spot. The thing is they come in stir us up by making a 3 liner turn into a 5 page thread. Seems like such a waste anymore to even respond to them. I always try to give the benefit though, sometimes I get burned.

Happy Hunting guys
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• outonalimb
    outonalimb

Refiners-
    I am here because i choose to be here. Is that a problem? How many posts do i have to do before i am not a troll? I have a life and only visit frequently, unlike some others. I have seen many people duped by the "truth". My story is my story. If you really are interested, investigate big guy. It was a harmless question, that you have decided to turn into an issue. Have fun! Not very refined, pun intended.

• QCA1
    QCA1

Hi

I am here because i am indirectly involved,my son wife and granchildren are JWs,i feel under the control of the Watchtower also.
    It is good for me to come here once in a while and talk.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

out, you are absolutely riveting entertainment man.I cant wait for the next revealing of your fascinating mind processes.
    Why on earth would anyone come here. Decide the JW was the truth after coming here. Join the church. Then stay here after theyd joined the church?

• outonalimb
    outonalimb

Why, to encourage more to join of course. The same reason they go door to door my friend. Why do missionaries go to third world countries where they are not wanted? To spread the "truth". Do you think that once a person has found what he/she is looking for spiritually they pack it in, no, they want to share in the joy of their newfound faith. What better place than a room full of heathens.
    Want a pamphlet. And by the way, so far you have dissed my name and my mind, tells me where you are at. I am on my way to work so if you don't here from me until later that is why. I explained in an earlier post,that I work long varied hours, maybe that explains my trolldom. I'z try to better in da future boss.

mn

• Amazing
    Amazing

Outonalimb: You ARE out on a limb ...

• Julie
    Julie

Let us review, shall we???

Outonalimb said:

:I see that there is a plethera of JWs here that have left the fold, maybe after reading some of these posts. Is there anyone here that was not a JW, but is now after visiting here? If so, why?

Now my reading comprehension skills have been challenged here before but to me this reads like a question as to why anyone who NEVER WAS a JW would post here or come here? Why would someone who is neither a.) not a JW defending their faith or b.) an ex-JW healing from having been a JW come to this particular discussion board? or c.) why would anyone come here, read the posts and join anyway?

This to me seems a legitimate question. One I can certainly answer.

Outonalimb, I come here because I came close enough to get hooked to have felt duped to a degree. After visiting such DBs over time I have learned it was not the study who I became close friends with that was out to vitimize me, quite the opposite, she was the victim herself. I have learned much of the evils of the WT and of religion overall. There are some very intelligent people who post here on all manner of topics and I am very appreciative of all that I am able to learn from those intelligent folks.

Unfortunately there are also some who are a few "fries short of a happy meal" to quote one of the posters here you may grow to like as I have. Refiner's fire is one of them. He loves to call names and values quantity over quality. He has the reading comprehension skills of a 3rd grader so you may as well disregard him if you want to get anything positive out of this DB. He is fond of blathering about htings he knows absolutely nothing about and has the memory of a fly. If you take into account your tag line too, it deals with reasoning, see that is the sort of thing that is quite foreign to folks like Refiner's so, just know, no matter what some will not like you and some will.

There are certain folks though, if you sit at their feet and lap up their words like ambrosia, their followers will take you right in. It's quite interesting how the dynamics work around here.

So, Outonalimb, let me ask *you*, where are you spiritually?? Personally I am heathen.

Regards,
    Julie

(edited to add my comments to Refiner's fire, below)

Hey Refiner's fire,

I have got a burning desire to understand the workings of your most unusual mind. Humor me, won't you?

Let's see, you said:

:youre kidding right?
    Someone reads whats here and decides that, based on what weve said, the Org must be the Truth?
    Too funny.Id be willing to bet...not a single one.

Gee I sure would like to think you're right but hey, one never knows. Perhaps Outonalimb was wondering how anyone could join such an Org. *after* learning would they learn here. Not so absurd considering one poster, in spite of knowing so much, seriously considered going back.

:Anyway what are you doing here? Looking for an arguement? Looking for truth? looking what the apostates are saying? looking for fun?

Well he has as much right to be here as any of us, who are you to demand answers? Your use of the word "apostates" infers he is a JW, now this is a baseless assumption. Maybe you could go to the little symbol by his profile and read what posts he *has* written and perhaps you will see this. I've read his posts and he has revealed his religious upbringing etc. I see these questions as quite confrontational and full of assumptions. Not a shock as you are so full of shit.

:come on buddy tell me your story, enrapture me. Tell me why youre "out on a limb" enlighten me. its slow today. I need a good laugh.

Honey, a laugh is not the only thing you need. Who are you to demand answers? Especially from someone new who has done nothing to offend you personally. I think you have a little too high opinion of yourself to think you are some self-appointed guardian of this board and to demand answers to questions before entry is granted.

• larc
    larc

Hey Julie,

I just finished lapping up your words, like ambrosia. Quite yummy.

• Valentine
    Valentine

Slow down refiners. Evry newbie coming here is not a troll. Simons is the most popular exJW site. We can expect many new ones or lurkers to come out of lurk mode. Especially with all of last years exposes and the great info that is posted and shared here. It's going to arouse the interest of all kinds of people,Jw and nonJw alike.
    This is no troll. Try textual analysis. This was not an inflammatory or insulting question asked. But seems to me a sincere one.

I jumped the gun once like you did. Fortunately for me the gentleman turned out to be forgiving,sparkling intelligent and a great witty sense of humor! I felt like such an ass when he turned out to be un primo paesan. :>

Like mommy stated,many new ones coming here all the time. let's give outonalimb a break here.

Welcome outonalimb, to our wacky family lol. Tina

Todays Affirmation:
    The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit