Just curious

by outonalimb 48 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Mommie, Julie, and Valentine,

Wise words from wise women.

Joke time: Did you have on a head covering when you wrote you words of wisdom??

Larc - of the playful boy class.

• Julie
    Julie

Hi Larc,

No head covering but my hair is tightly bound in braid so as not to encourage sinful thoughts to any man.

I am sure when Refiner's comes back to hurl insults and call names I will remember to put a piece of toilet paper on my head though, (I'm not a fashion snob but I do believe in dressing appropriately), thanks for the thoughtful reminder.

Regards,
    Julie

• Valentine
    Valentine

lol Mornin larc of the Playboy or playful class? lol

Well,Since I was in the kitchen previous to posting,I stuck a saucepan on my head and had my male dog yip a few times........"> hugs,T

Todays Affirmation:
    The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.

• Solace
    Solace

If anyone is crazy enough to actually join the W.T.S after reading all the info. that is avalible on this and other sites about the society, then they are,
    oh never mind... I dont think I even have to finish that statement.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Julie,

But is that an ELABORATE braid you are wearing?

Outonalimb,

Welcome to the Board, from one "out" to another!

and to answer your questions: I don't know of anybody who has considered the information here and decided to become a Jehovah's Witness and reading this board and other sites helped hasten my exit from the religion.

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Julie of the "amazing 3"

"A few fries short of a happy meal"....
    I will leave others to judge whether, in their opinion,I am mentally deficient.

"He loves to call names"....
    I will leave others to judge whether this is a correct statement or not.I would think I am one of the last people here to be drawn into mud slinging unless they are persons who are clearly identified as enemies of mine.

.."reading skills of a third grader"...
    Well, you really wouldnt know whether I can read or not would you?
    After all, your not me.

.."fond of blathering about things he knows nothing about"...
    I would think this statement incorrect. I believe I do not speak at all unless it is about something I know very much about.

.."the memory of a fly"...
    You could well be right on that one.

.." hurl insults and call names upon his return"...
    Obviously incorrect as you can see.

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

I can only assume what the term "troll" means..as I have not yet found the definition on this board. (I'm sure it's here 100x...just haven't gotten 2 it yet) If a "JW" is lurking and occassionally posting here...trying to push someone's (apostate) button, that person is no longer a JW anyway. He/She has already disobeyed the 'Society' and it's just a matter of time before their true nature is found out...or they come to terms with their own doubts.

As to Out's question: "I see that there is a plethera of JWs here that have left the fold, maybe after reading some of these posts. Is there anyone here that was not a JW, but is now after visiting here? If so, why?"

If someone is inquisitive enough to actually find this board and read it...I doubt very much that they would accept JW teachings blindly. The only reason I could see for someone to become a JW AFTER visiting here is for social reasons. Some people become JWs because they are thrown away by society's mainstream. They are misfits and lack the social skills it takes to 'win friends and influence people' Joining the JWs provides an instant 'family' a group to belong to. If you move to a new town as a JW *poof* you've got a convinent network of locals who know where all the good resturants are, where the best jobs are (even tho they themselves may not have them)...and are all too willing to help by offering advice. I personally have an ex-sister-in-law who was disfellowshipped but, maintained contact (went to the meetings, assemblies etc.)with the JWs for YEARS even though she wasn't reinstated. When she finally was reinstated..she continued to go because it was a social group she was familiar with. When she moved away to another town...she thought about just going off on her own. She couldn't do it. She NEEDED them. She NEEDED friends.

This forum offers the sense of being in a group...but, most if not all who make up 'this' group are individualists. They have an opinion and speak their minds freely. There are just some people who lack the skills to do that. So, it is indeed possible that someone, even AFTER coming to this site may become a JW. How many JWs remain JWs after visiting here...even after losing faith in the GB? I'm sure lots. For whatever reason.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

But I might ask, Julie, why it is that you have seen fit to launch a personal attack against me? Insulting me.
    I believe we have never directly addressed each other before in the 4 months I have been on this board.Have I said something, somewhere, that has offended you?

• jerome
    jerome

when i first came here i posted alot of things twice because i wanted
    varying anwsers.

then i found out that people read the message more that once and thought that i was beeing too repetative.

i put sum posts in the relationships section

at the time i thought that you had to go to the relationships section to find out what i had posted
    now only to find out that all you have to do id to hit the active button and you see the most recently posted messages
    well i know better than to post the same thing twice

in the process outlaw and others have labeled me a troll

i read some post about someone defending me at first and i dident know what they were talking about untill i found out that they thought i was here to satrt some knida trouble

so all i want to know now is who do you think are trools and why

do you consider non ex-jws to be trolls or people that are here to cause trouble?

i would really like to know.

the bible is a two edged sword
    yeild it the wrong way and it you WILL cut yourself!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

yeah, well actually Jerome you look like a troll to me, but then, I could be wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit