Is the spring/summer weather in your area 'odd' this year?

by AK - Jeff 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

Another cold, wet Oregonian here. But I'm one of those nutty ones who actually love the rain and cold.

• Glander
    Glander

Ilove burfdays. Yes, I like it too. It is always welcome in the fall. But it gets old fast for us former Southern Californians.

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

It was 100+ degrees this week ....finally starting to cool down. It was a really wet winter, and although I am not eager for 100 degree weather, its nice to finally dry out.

Bay Area California

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

HAARP. This is possibly intentional manipulation of the atmosphere so they can "prove" global warming--after all, they need some excuse to start getting people to accept regular blackouts soon. The EPA regulations for electricity are supposed to begin in just a week--and, if they can use the HAARP system to tamper with the weather, they might just get people to accept blackouts to "prevent climate change".

As for a trend, I see none. It is very hot in the deep south, but in the Southwest, it is chillier than normal. This is simply a ridge in the southeast and south central part of the country, with the jet stream located near Missouri. South of that, it is hot. North, just plain wet and chilly. And a dip in the southwest means Phoenix is having trouble reaching 110 degrees. I also noticed Bangkok having trouble reaching its usual 100 degrees this spring (since the sun is nearly vertical near the equinox, their hot seasons tend to be in April and October and cooler in January and July). In fact, during April, they had high temperatures in the lower 70s for a time (normal is near 98) and lows in the 60s. Remember, this is right on the equator, near the ocean--temperatures below 90 during this time are supposed to be extremely rare during the day, and lows below 70 with such warm water around are nearly impossible.

Let's see what they do with that HAARP system during the next few months so they can get people to accept a "need" for regular blackouts and EPA regulations.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Also an Oregonian - Willamette Valley. This has been a very wet year and most of the crops have been ruined or delayed by several weeks. Got to sit on our deck for just one day (Monday) when it got in the low 80s. Then dropped right back down into the gray 60s.

But hey, this is not evidence of global warming - just because the ice caps at the north pole are disappearing and the glaciers of Greenland are dropping off into the ocean at four times the normal volume.

I personally think that Jehovah has singled me out because of my apostate ways. Sorry that the rest of you between the 40 and 48th parallells have to suffer with me. Maybe someday we can all get together and have a pity party.

I would suggest that all of us go into our closets and have a private chat with J-God and beg him to average out some of the temps in the USA. Maybe move 20 degrees F from the USA south toward the north and let us all enjoy some nice 80-90F temps for the next month or so.

And don't forget to ask J-God to send a little of our rain down south as well. We've had enough and the folk along the cotton belt need all they can get.

JV

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Where I live has been warmer than average for this time of year.

Where I am has been colder than average.

Neither are outside historical extremes.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

We're having pretty much the same crappy weather as one would expect in the NYC Metro area this year.

• sinis
    sinis

Ice age part deux...

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Here in indiana, it's actually kind of chilly today. High of only about 68, overcast and windy. it has rained about 7 of every ten days since March. I have a feeling we're going to go straight into winter without having a hot summer. I NEVER complain about the hot weather because I hate the cold so much.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Mini heat wave here. The last few days as been 100+ degrees. Today was a little cooler, low to mid 90's. We had a very cool and wet winter with snow in the higher elevations til mid May. I was afraid we'd have snow in July. As it is now with the high temps we're having a really rapid snow melt and the rivers are running very fast and cold. Yesterday at least 15 + people had to be rescued from the American river. Folks aren't listening to the warnings about how dangerous the rivers are right now. I'm afraid some are gonna die. It's only a matter of time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit