Is the spring/summer weather in your area 'odd' this year?

by AK - Jeff 21 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Much of our spring was very cold, intermingled with the occasionally 'extreme' heat. So far summer [which started this week] is cooler than any I can recall, but extremely wet and high humidity. The entire house feels like a wet blanket.

The doom-sayer types are constantly remarking how this must mark 'something' if not the end. I find it odd weather, but wonder if this is just my area or pretty widespread?

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I get the weather just before I send it your way. (Except you get a bunch more snow from the lake effect.)

We had a horrible winter, so I have decided not to complain about the heat this summer. So far, spring was lousy and not so warm, again with the occasional really really hot/humid day. I turned the AC on finally and could go back to turning it off for several days.

I think all the wet weather is the typical April stuff that we are getting in May/June, so it is just late this year. I would guess it means that it will suddenly get hot and stay hot for 6 to 8 weeks. WOO HOO!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Looks like I will be returning to Jehovah and receiving 6 months to a year of silence from JW's as I sit in the back row and pay retribution because I called the Governing Body a bunch of liars and thieves since the end has to be so close what with all the crazy weather we are expeiencing.

NOT

• talesin
    talesin

We have had the coldest, wettest spring/summer in a long time (27 or 28 straight days of rain at one point). Last night we were supposed to get FROST! In SUMMER! I can't believe it, and feel really bad for the farmers (especially the strawberry farmers, as their entire crops will most likely be ruined).

Was talking to the Rabbit and Mrs. last nite, and the weather in Texas has been 100degF for 2 months! He said that they don't usually get that extreme heat until August, and most of TX is having a drought, to the extent that hasn't happened for about 150 yrs.

Does this have anything to do with apocalyptic prophecy? I think not. There are other plausible explanations which are far more scientific.

tal

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Our June temperatures have been five-to-ten degrees hotter than normal.

We've had several days above 100 degrees F. This usually doesn't begin until July.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

It has been pretty typical here. Rainy season started right on schedule. Highs were in the mid 90s in the mid afternoon before the afternoon rains started up last week.

• watersprout
    watersprout

In the Uk we had a beautiful April and yet May/June have been intermittent with sunny/wet days... So far in June we have been having April showers!

Mind you the UK does have bizzare weather patterns... We are looking to having to hot weather next week... Sooooo fingers/toes crossed!

Peace

• The Finger
    The Finger

According to the BBC we had the warmest April on record and due to the drought "The National Farmers Unions says this year's wheat harvest is likely to be the worst for 30 years." (UK)

• juni
    juni

It's the same here in Wisconsin, Jeff. Long, cold, snowy winter. No Spring. Summer so far has been very wet and the temps are all over the place. I'm sure the weather patterns all over will only get worse. Definitely no "sign of the end", but according to science, we are seeing the affects of global warming.

• Glander
    Glander

Oregon - Coldest, wettest spring on record and summer is starting out 10 degrees below average (today is 65). I serviced the A/C , filters etc. two days ago and did a dry run. We're ready for summer but only the Faithful and Discreet slave knows when it will begin.

Oregon Gorge Gregor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit