Strategizing against the WTBTS

by Essan 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Essan
    Essan

Thanks interested one!

You're the first person who seems to have actually considered the idea I outlined. We already know that the 'undercover study' process works to expose JW's to information they would not have discovered otherwise. All I'm suggesting is that it could be orchestrated and targeted, rather than always random.

It wouldn't even have to be all ExJW's who took part. There may be non-JW's who want their family members freed who could submit them as 'targets' and who would be willing to pose as "Bible Studies" for someone else in return. All they would need is a basic grounding in the issues and sites like JWfacts would arm them perfectly for that.

It could be good fun as well as effective.

• sizemik
    sizemik

There's a lot who visit here . . . could be worth a "trial" perhaps . . . using a catchy thread title?

• Essan
    Essan

Good idea Sizemilk, except that some may not be willing to give their exact location here, because they may have given other details in their posts which, along with a specific location, might allow them to be identified.

That's why I thought a new dedicated forum with new usernames in which only the location and nominated 'target' location is revealed might be more useful. Exact details of the names of 'targets' and even photo identification of them would be by private message/email once someone had said they were in that location and willing to do the job.

But it would take enough people considering it worthwhile before such a site was attempted.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Interesting thought, but there are some issues...as you've seen by now. Once you're out, I think its best to just let the others find their way. If one expresses doubts, then proceed to put a "bug in their ear" about some crucial points. Can't give them too much at once. (DIDN'T work for me.) I had had to stumble upon these sites and Youtube vids on my own. A co-worker told me that Russell was most likely a Mason. Type a search in Google for that...and all kinds of stuff pop up. I've always been a bit rebellious, but I must admit. I had a friend who turned "Apostate" yeeeears ago. We treated him as if he was possessed by demons. Silly of us.

The best way to be is to "not worry" about other members. Family included. I know that I could loose the benefit of socializing with my JW friends and family...but I do know and can see (from many of the friends here) that life does go on...and one can be more successful in his life than when he was IN the Society.

If you try to get person's out...the will totally label you apostate for trying to have them "follow you" out. I've thought about maybe once a month going door to door, right behind the Witnesses in FS to warn the householders of what they teach and give examples of their policies. But I wouldn't try too hard once I'm out.

The Best Way I think ... would be for someone to film a new Documentary on the Witnesses...catch them in lies...show their contradictions (WTBTS publications and videos) I love the Youtube vid of the elder on the stand saying that Witnesses do not SHUN family. Let ex-JWs tell their side of the story and why they left. Film (if they let you) that person's family or friends that have shunned them and let them explain why they have no dealings with such ones who do not show their LOYALTY to an ORGANIZATION. Let the world REALLY SEE their LOVE. Their TRUE COLORS.

• Alfred
    Alfred

I think the 1st step is getting them to understand what Proverbs 4:18 really means... Currently this Proverb is basically the GB's license to say whatever they want without being held accountable for their flip-flops and false teachings... JWs need to understand that God has NOT given anyone authority to go beyond what is written in the Bible. "NuLite-TM" is yet another JW phrase that has been repeated so many times that is has become gospel. But ask a JW to show you a few texts which prove that the FDS receives "progressive light" and I believe you will be able to at least plant the seed that will get them thinking... IMO

• Honesty
    Honesty

Many JW's are very happy with their beliefs.

So much so that Jesus Himself could visit them, tell them the truth and they would continue to believe the Watchtower's doctrines.

It is much more fruitful to concentrate on JW's who are in doubt about the WTBTS's claims of being the channel God uses.

Doctrines can't be overturned without first overturning their belief that God is actually using those nuts.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I love the all-too-familiar snarky tone of,"Could we be doing more Brothers and Sisters?"

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I struggle at times as to what to do to fight them. Maybe its that old WT creed to "do more" that is getting to me. Mass e-mailing is something I have thought about too, but I just figure its a big waste of time, some will become more entrenched by that sort of action, but then it might be a seed that sits there for years.

I really like the idea of presenting it in a format like SIAM did here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/203957/1/Attention-Lurkers-Consider-the-effectiveness-of-your-lifesaving-work

A story like this might really "reach their heart" LOL, ok I'm making myself sick with these old WT references.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Essan, interesting thread. How about sending JWs who you know an anoymous email? I wrote about why and how to send emails to JWs in http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/211893/1/Youe28099ve-Got-Mail-TM. I sent the following email to about 50 JWs:

Subject: How Are You Feeling?

Lonely and depressed — how do you cope? How do others successfully overcome loneliness and depression, and start to feel better? Check out the following websites to chat anonymously with other active and inactive JWs, or read relevant and interesting articles:
    1) www.jehovahs-witness.net
    2) www.jwsupportforum.com
    3) http://freedomofmind.com/
    4) www.jwfacts.com
    5) http://www.freeminds.org/
    6) www.watchtowerdocuments.com
    7) www.silentlambs.org

Hope that you feel better soon! (with hugging ) Peace be with you. (with hugging ) (with hugging )

I even tried to address the emails to GB members using jw.org and watchtower.net. I was hoping with the turmoil at Bethel that some posters talk about on the JWN that may be a disgruntled worker would forward the email.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Diest
    Diest

I like ABibleStudent's post. Really some of the best people to email are those that we hear are inactive or otherwise on the edge. Think how many people go back when they are feeling down....if they could be freed from the guilt, and the thought that Armagedon was coming while they were out, they could be truely happy. Does anyone know how we could harvest emails from sites....ie pool togeather and buy a list from a site like JWmatch.com. I dont know where else people's emails are linked to the fact that they are JW's....If you have someone specific you want to target sometimes you can get info from Pipl.com....it is a site that lists public info for free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit