Strategizing against the WTBTS

by Essan 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Essan
    Essan

@Lost Generation - That story by Siam is excellent. Great idea. Although it would be good if stories with stronger punchlines and hitting harder issues than simply highlighting an ineffective ministry could be formulated. But the story format is a great way to do it, as people get drawn into reading it and agree with and follow the logic before they realize that it applies to the Society.

It reminds me of the prophet Nathan's story regarding stolen sheep (it's OT, everything is about sheep in the OT) which he used on King David to get King David all righteously indignant until David said something like "That thief deserves to die!". Then Nathan revealed the punchline that it was an illustration, the stolen sheep was Bathsheeba, and David was the thief. Smackdown!

• Essan
    Essan

I wonder if Anonymous are for hire?

Maybe we could plead with them en masse to set their sights on the Watchtower Society?

Imagine if the official website was replaced with a list of quotes of failed predictions and abandoned teachings? Etc. All their dirty laundry aired on their own website!

Oh, the Lulz!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    Diest - Does anyone know how we could harvest emails from sites....ie pool togeather and buy a list from a site like JWmatch.com. I dont know where else people's emails are linked to the fact that they are JW's.

Hi Diest, you don't have to buy email addresses. I data mined many email addresses from emails from JWs. Remember that JWs like to associate with JWs so they usually send chain emails with cute pictures or sayings to other JWs and are not internet savy enough to delete all the previous email addresses or send the emails bcc. All that people have to do is exchange ideas about what works or doesn't work and encourage other people to set-up anoynomous email accounts to send emails to JWs. I would bet that everyone on this board knows or has access to about 50 to 100 JW email addresses. I would estimate that within one year more than 2,000,000 JWs could be contacted by email. Also, not every JW needs to be contacted. If JWs in the more economically developed countries started having doubts and stopped donating money to the WTBTS, wouldn't that cause a lot of concern for the GB?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Essan
    Essan

So if we have access to the email addresses, have there been any email campaigns yet?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    So if we have access to the email addresses, have there been any email campaigns yet?

PM posters on JW FB pages. Maybe someone will bite.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    Essan - So if we have access to the email addresses, have there been any email campaigns yet?

Hi Essan, I started mine. Everyone else can start their own, or they can send me their email addresses and I will email JWs. I wonder if Simon would start a new catagory/board about sharing ideas to Free the Minds of JWs?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

What you need to do is find personal, damning information the congregation elders collect on them. If you are an elder or ministerial servant, most likely you have a key to the hall and can get in the cabinets in your hall without too much effort. Some countries in Europe allow you to get a copy officially through the law. Copy what they have on you and your family and send it to them (maybe anonymously), then ask: They sent this to the WTBTS and could not keep it a secret from me, do you really think God's organization would need this kind of information if their decisions were made based on Holy Spirit? How long do you think it will others take to find this out?

• Fernando
    Fernando

@Essan

I'm with you 100% on this (your post) - and in a technical/spiritual position to deliver.

I also see a day where a much larger scale criminal case puts an end to the demonic WBT$ hegemony, their abuse, their lies, their coverups, as well as their theft of their followers' faith, spirituality, and salvation.

How ironic that bad boy Rutherford was right - ALL religion is indeed a snare and a racket. Yes that is what he said and meant in a number of books, booklets, and phonograph recordings. He did not talk about so called "true religion/ists" versus "false religion/ists" as the WBT$ falsely claims (see 1937_enemies.pdf, 1940_religion.pdf and related publications at the time).

Greetings and blessings

Fernando

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

We are doing e-mail campaigns right now (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/204249/1/An-Open-letter-to-the-Governing-Body-of-Jehovahs-Witnesses-Elders-Ex-Elders)

The main problem is that JW's will ignore it the moment they see it's not approved by the WTBTS and reject it as apostate thus strengthening their belief that they are persecuted and therefore right.

Some have responded favorably but the branches are actively suppressing it (I can't mention details yet, but let's just say that they are very aware of the letters).

Lee Elder from AJWRB has a lot of contacts as well with regards to the blood issue, even there it seems to fall on deaf ears. The only way JW's will see what they belief is wrong is when the org comes tumbling down which will happen in the next few decades. If the JW leaders however see the error of their ways (or get replaced by younger ones) and replace the current false doctrine that makes them a cult and turn them into a straight religion, JW will be here for a long time to come although not in it's current form.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

It is rare, I believe, for someone outside the Witnesses to influence someone to leave. People leave on their own, deciding that they do not want to live the kind of life required or that what the Watchtower teaches is nonsense or that it is a high-stress, high-control dictatorship that does not resemble in any way First Century Christianity.

Plotting protests and similar activities may feed the sense of justification some of us seem to need or feed into some sense of victimization, but it is a waste of time. The very best argument for withdrawing from active fellowship is the nonsense that appears between the covers of The Watchtower. A dictatorial elder, a governing body that is out of touch and rather stupid, a writing staff that worships the governing body in place of the Christ all do more to diminish the Watchtower than anything we could do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit