FADERS: How determined are you?

by VampireDCLXV 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

How determined are you to never return to life as a JW?

I wouldn't climb aboard that sinking ship.

Do you still miss old JW "friends"?

As I fade, I just don't see anything or anyone that I'll miss. At this point, there is no social life in the congregation. It's more a question like, "would you miss former workmates that you got along with?" I'm not big on romanticizing the past. I'd rather start making big plans for all the new friends that I will find.

Do you miss the company of JW relatives?

As I reanalyze things, we're not really a close family to begin with. I never married and had my own family "in", so I don't have the challenges that many here face. I plan to fade and if they keep in touch, great. If not, I'm over it.

Do even the smallest of thoughts that maybe, just maybe, the JWs are right about some things, still haunt the darkest corners of you mind?

Never. I've researched enough to remove any such notions.

Do you still have the occasional nightmare about dying during the big A?

I never had such nightmares. I used to have nightmares about demon attacks, but I don't have those anymore.

Lingering doubts might be sabotaging you. The sooner you shed your doubts about yourself and the reasons your leaving, the sooner you can heal.

The healing will be a long process. I have many regrets for wasting so much time and energy before realizing "the truth about the truth". But I view that as a learning experience. I still have plenty of life in me.

So I ask faders here again: how far along are you in your exit and are you doubting yourself?

No doubts. I'll be moving away to university in a couple of months and that will be the end of meeting attendance.

If, through unforeseen circumstances, there was a risk of DF that would result in a choice between your freedom and your friends/family, would you "return to the fold" to appease them?

I'd choose freedom.

If congregation or family was harassing you to the point of it driving you mad, would you consider DA to save your sanity?

I've learned that I can be an S.O.B. about harassing them right back. Having served at Bethel, been an elder, pioneer, etc., I've found that I can be far more condescending now than I ever was before. And if push came to shove, I would make it clear that I was disfellowshipping all of them for apostasy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit