Were you ever DF'd? For what and how long?

by QuestioningEverything 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I have a couple of private reproofs under my belt. LOL NOW I wish they had just DF'd me! It would make things so much easier today.

NC

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

I haven't been yet but it's a-comin! LOL

• james_woods
    james_woods

I was DFd in about 1980 for apostacy (just before Ed and Marion Dunlap and Ray Franz) - no hearing; I just wrote them a letter telling them what I thought was wrong with their doctrine, and they called me on the phone about 6 months later and told me I was DFd.

I told them that if they thought I cared, they were missing the whole point.

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

That's great, James-woods! Those little jabs that show how little their authority matters.

I was publicly reproved when I was 21 for loose conduct. I thought their decision was loving at the time, now I wish I had been df'd so I could have reached the conclusions that took me another 17 years. But then, I probably would not have been ready for it.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Classic!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Never DF'd or reproved (even thoughI did some thhings that I never confessed). I was never on the radar as a bad boy in the making!

• unshackled
    unshackled

Yep, DF'd for fornicatin'. But it was a short term, April to early September if I recall....less than 6 months.

Didn't start my JC out good with the comment "It is a free country, you know I don't have to be here." That drew some head tilts.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Have been out for about 8 years and was DF

a month ago for telling the truth.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

, what's the shortest period you know of someone being disfellowshipped?

I haven't been, yet ....but in answer to the above question a Bro was d/f for adultery then reinstated after no more than 3 months . He had good elder family connections and was himself an elder until it happened and a regular Pioneer, so I guess they wanted him back

There have been a couple of cases where they made them attend for at least 2 years.. One was on about his third reinstatement and another was a case of adultery, remarry, come back in......which they do not like since they believe they have played the system and got what they wanted......

• sd-7
    sd-7

DF'd in 2010 for fornication and apostasy, though really it was for apostasy, they didn't care at all about fornication--my wife was equally guilty and was commenting a month later, after all.

But really, you can't DF the Governing Body. They disassociated themselves by virtue of "teaching contrary doctrines". Oh? You didn't get the announcement:

"The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." Audience: Oooh, ooh.... "I wonder what they did?" "I heard one of them molested a child." "I heard one of them saluted the flag under pressure!"

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit