Were you ever DF'd? For what and how long?

by QuestioningEverything 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Searchn4answrs
    Searchn4answrs

About 16 yrs ago Got DFed for fornication after being PR,and being a repeat offender...Reinstated in 6months ...And still,till this day, do my fair share of fornicating !!

• godrulz
    godrulz

Russell and the Presidents of WT were essentially popes. Church discipline in the early days was not too strict. Russell said: 'The Lord's word does not authorize any court of the Elders, or anyone else, to become busybodies. THis would be going back to the practices of the Dark Ages during the inquisition; and we would be showing the same spirit as did the inquisitors.' Early freedom has been replaced by tyrannical judicial committees, harsh shunning, unbiblical disfellowshipping. Due to his beliefs and practices, Russell would be disfellowshipped today from his own organization (as would Rutherford, etc.)?!

• nugget
    nugget

I assume I was Df'd in January for saying I didn't believe the GB were gods representatives on Earth. Still am with no intention of going back on what I said.

• pbrow
    pbrow

godrulz, I was given the boot for the same thing. I had two seperate meetings for about three hours each. The threw up every red hering they could think of but still could not convince me that god gave two shts about me having a cigar w/ gpa couple times a year. I remember them comparing smoking to cocaine use. One of the ex bethalites asked if my children were to take up smoking would that change my mind. I told him that god would not care if when of age my children smoked a handful of cigars every year.

What kills me most now though is the groveling and "humility" i had to display to get back in a year before I finally said fcuk it! and turned my letter in.

"Yes, I think i can work on submitting to authority more" makes me furious now that those words came out of my mouth!

pbrow

• godrulz
    godrulz

Salvation is conditioned on faith vs unbelief in the person and work of Christ. Some of the JW hypocritical elders likely had their own vices (caffeine addiction, alcoholism, lust/perversion), etc. A true Christian church would not have your eternal destiny depend on smoking or not. As well, this was not always the case, so it would be possible for past Presidents/popes/GB to be smokers and enjoy heaven/paradise, while ones post-new light would be excluded. This is legalism, Pharisaism, cultism, not biblical Christianity (they also may flip flop in the future; the worst issue is blood transfusion; imagine if they change that in the future?!).

The cult has rejected you, but God has not. However, you still must come to a holy God on His terms (which does not include smoking or not, though it is true that a Christian should be free from this harmful habit). The real issues are heart, immorality, thought, motive, etc. Externals will catch up, but are not the main issue. Mormons abstain from 'vices' better than most, yet are not Christian (and their public image does not match private reality).

• jam
    jam

Df in 1987, could have went back after A year, thought about it

so happy I made the right decision.

• jam
    jam

I didn,t beleive the BS anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit