Were you ever DF'd? For what and how long?

by QuestioningEverything 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I was DF'd when I was 20 or so for Fornication. I got reinstated when I was 24. I had a son during that time and I was worried about us if we didn't get back to the fold and 'protection' of the organization.

• worried
    worried

had a public reproof once.. For drinking..

• worried
    worried

Guess they didn't like me drunk at the meetings

• flipper
    flipper

Yep. I was DFed for 4 years . 1998 - 2002. After my then JW wife and I separated in 1998 , 6 months later I became involved with a non-witness lady. So my JW wife turned me into the elders in a separated state. The only thing that made me come back in 2002 to get reinstated is the 9/11 attacks scared the piss out of me as I was still under JW mind control thinking Armageddon was coming ! So I got back in , then got pissed at how I was treated AFTER getting reinstated then I left for good and faded in late 2003. Never been happier !

So having been DFed for 4 years I know and have felt the pain of being shunned by all of my JW family. My kids were still minors ( teenagers ) and I shared joint custody with my ex-wife the JW. And believe me- she used every trick in the book to turn those 3 children against me. We've been divorced for 13 years now - and she STILL tries turning my daughters against me. She failed with my son, he didn't buy into her deceit - I'm hoping my daughters will see through it as well one day

• IMHO
    IMHO

Not wishing to hijack this thead, but as it's relevant to the original question, what's the shorest period you know of someone being disfellowshipped?

• IMHO
    IMHO

The 'for what' should be irrelevant as it should only ever be for 'lack of repentence'. Anyone remember when the year minimum was changed?

• chickpea
  • Honesty
    Honesty

I DF'd the Governing Body in 2004 for brazen conduct.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

LOL@Honesty.

I DF'd the GB in 2011 for Apostacy.

On Topic. No not yet at any rate, but the shit could well hit the fan sometime this year.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

My (elder's daughter) friend was df'ed for 6 months before being reinstated. She was not shunned in any real sense of the word during that time, except sitting in the back during meetings. She even attended our friend's wedding. Yet, I was told not to talk to my brother at all since he was out of our home at the time he was df'ed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit