What is your standing in a congregation if you're a man of 40 and never married?

by dgp 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dgp
    dgp

On a different thread (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/211210/3/my-life-well-the-first-part-at-least

someone commented that

As a sister especially you are nothing when not attached to you Husband.

This made me curious. What happens if you are an unmarried man? Does your standing depend on whether you're an elder or a ministerial servant? What happens if you get to be 40 and you're single or divorced? And, does anyone really believe that a 35 year old brother, say, never had sex?

Many questions, but I'm just curious .

Thanks.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Gay

• ParadiseCircus
    ParadiseCircus

^ LOL I second that.

• dgp
    dgp

Well, that would be an obvious possibility , but, do people actually believe such a man would still "remain undefiled", or would they just act the part?

I have seen many posts about the subjection of women. But none about the pecking order of men.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I've known a few. One I suspect of being gay--but don't suspect him of acting on it. Still lives with his mother

Another--well still lives with mother and father. Socially stunted?

Another lived with mommy till he went to Bethel. Did eventually get married. Grew up?

Another was a successful business man and would be considered the catch. But once my friend got to know him, he was really boring. More social problems?

The thing is, if a JW man wants to get married he has a lot of options. Sisters claw each other aside for eligible brothers. So I think the majority of them stay single out of choice. For the sisters, many want to get married but there is no one to be found because most of their options have been cut off. It is a different dynamic. Also the borg used to reward single brothers with special schools, (maybe they still do) but now you can't be a missionary unless you are married.

I HATED dating as a Dub. The men just didn't seem to try all that hard because they knew choices were limited. Made me sick.

NC

• The Finger
    The Finger

I don't think the sisters have it any worse than the brothers. There are alot of dowdy looking sisters in the congregations.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

hmm. I think I read a statistic that said there were 60% sisters and 40% brothers. That would indeed put them at a disadvantage. Sorry that you think dowdy looking means unworthy to date. You'll have that though.

NC

• The Finger
    The Finger

I was being polite.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Sisters claw each other aside for eligible brothers.
    So I think the majority of them stay single out of choice.

I think the clawing has a lot to do with their decision. Who would want to spend their life with a nasty back-stabber?

• JRK
    JRK

Gay

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit