Regional Convention 2015 - Program

by Designer Stubble 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

How bizarre - I see nothing that indicates a frothing-at-the-mouth diatribe against evil, evil apostates.

I'm sure they'll sneak it in somewhere, but usually you can spot in easily in advance.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Oh my God...Jehovah's Witnesses are turning into Jesus freaks! And not one day of it, but three long days of shoving 'Jesus' down the throats of the rank and file. Just Wow!!!

I've heard of 'trying to makeup for lost time'...but I'm sorry WT this ain't going to cut it! You've ignored the almighty-ness of Jesus Christ for well over 130 years...as the theme of one of the talks says; you (WTBTS) are truly the ones who have followed Jesus all these years at too far a distance behind Him (Saturday 3:00: Follow Jesus, But Not At A Distance)!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Convention dramas only started in the 60s, and they've had several audio-only dramas starring Jesus. It may have more to do with being reluctant to cast someone as a perfect man, I dunno. BTW, I wonder if these'll be prerecorded again.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Oubliette
    I stand corrected, still witnesses have clearly crossed the line to Jesusfreak mega-church instead of clandestine masonic cult lol.
    I wonder how long until they have rock bands on stage?
  • blondie
    blondie

Don't get excited the WTS has had articles about Jesus before and turns it into a Jehovah theme. Jesus, imitated his father. Jesus obeyed his father Jehovah, Jesus did not do anything with Jehovah's direction. No gratitude for Jesus and he is impersonalized into a thing, sacrifice

*** w12 1/15 Learn From ‘the Framework of Truth’ ***

How can we appropriately show Jehovah our gratitude for Jesus’ ransom sacrifice?
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I'm sure the part about apostates is the "Go away, Satan!" one.

and oubliette, agreed. I just had to laugh when I saw the title "Imitate Jesus, not the Pharisees." Seriously, that needs to be a special talk just for the GB to listen to. Many of us here could give it. The audacity of that title, coming from THEM!

I just hope this might signal a more mainstream Christianity coming from this cult, it's possible. Maybe far fetched, but I am hoping they either dissolve with time, or become more mainstream and normal. I just want my family back.

• cappytan
    cappytan

I have a feeling this is the part about apostasy:

9:40 SYMPOSIUM: Imitate Jesus, Not Satan
    ˙ Be Loyal

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Of course!! Maybe there will be two. I will not be there to find out.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Boy, they are really laying it on thick about Jesus Christ at this years' Regional Conventions.

It's about time!

I think WT is finally beginning to see that in order to gain everlasting life one needs to take in knowledge and come to know...not one individual...but that there is a second key figure in the heavens that Jehovah's Witnesses need to be chanting and praising in their worship at their Kingdom Halls:

John 17:3: 'This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, (1) the only true God, and (2) the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ'.

Rev 14:1: 'Then I saw , and look! the Lamb (Jesus Christ) standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name (Jesus Christ)....written on their foreheads.'

Accurate knowledge of truth depends on the following: 1Tim 2:4-7 '...whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all--this (Jesus Christ) is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time.'

It takes a block-headed, thick-headed and dense organization like the WTBTS to at long last come to terms with the above Bible truths!

• cofty
    cofty
    How happifying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit