I'm Alabama, born and bred.

Have at it, you haters!

Syl

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Not much good ever came out of Alabama.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

People from Alabama assume us others are haters that will jump all over them for where they were born.

• Elgiard
    Elgiard

Of course not. We've been naturally selected to make snap judgements based on as little information as possible. This is an incredibly useful trait, and without it survival would be impossible. It's unfortunate that we sometimes make snap judgements which aren't really relevant to anything, but that's just how our brains work. It's no more "wrong" than any other biological function. And no matter what anyone tries to tell you, everyone does it.

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

its human nature....

as long as you give people a chance despite first impressions.....

does it matter

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Not much good ever came out of Alabama.

I recall something similar being said about another place.

http://bible.cc/john/1-46.htm

Syl

• yknot
    yknot

Yes Minimus everything really is bigger and better in

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

As long as you're stereotyping whites, males, rich people, republicans, Christians, and heterosexuals, it's perfectly acceptable so long as the stereotypes are negative: Whites are uncool, can't dance, have small penises. Males are stupid, ignorant, gross. Rich people are spoiled, stuffed-shirts, phony. Republicans are rednecks, evil, racists. Christians are stupid, self-righteous, ignorant. Heterosexuals are hiding their real sexuality, ugly, closed-minded. Etc...

For all others, it's okay to stereotype as long as the stereotypes are positive: Asians are smart. Blacks are athletic and well-hung. Women are caring and open. Poor people are honest and hard-working. Democrats are accepting and not trying to destroy the earth. Atheists are intelligent and knowledgeable. Homosexuals are clean and attractive. Etc...

Just make sure to only attack the right groups and you'll be fine.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

How am I supposed to judge people without stereotypes to guide me?

• ixthis
    ixthis

Yes :) the only exception is Alabama ... the people there have cute accents! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit