Do You Think It Is Wrong To Stereotype?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

I was born and raised and still live in South Carolina. Let it fly.

• agonus
    agonus

We Nebraskans are FED UP with all the goddamned corn and/or Warren Buffett jokes already. I AM A MAN! NOT AN ANGUS STEAK!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I think it's wrong for others to stereotype me or my family but I have no problem stereotyping them

• scary21
    scary21

I do it all the time.........I'm an airhead blonde.

Sherry

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

There is indeed such a thing as a general fact, just as there is such a thing as a national trait. However, you would never want to make the mistake of trying to prove a specific point from a general fact.

Speaking as someone who has lived 35% of his life living in countries other than the one he was born and raised in, treating everyone you meet as an individual has always worked well for me.

Bill.

• Band on the Run
  • minimus
    minimus

I love this thread.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Not in the least, in fact it is quite fun to see just how many times it fits. Just be flexible and know not every single stereo type is going to fit, but you will be more right then wrong.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Yes Minimus everything really is bigger and better in

Then there was the story of the big Texan visiting the UK for the first time. Having finally found a pub that sold Lone Star beer he propped himself up at the bar and started to expound about his beloved state. He said "Things are purdy small here, y'ever notice? Rinky dink little cars driving on the wrong side of the little, narrow roads, teeny, tiny little houses spaced two inches apart with ittle bitty yards and such. And you folks are pretty small, too. Look atcha. Why, back in Texas everything is bigger than life. That's because we's the biggest state in the Union. We have big cars and trucks and 10,000 square foot houses with 100 acre lots and our folks are all big and strong, not like here at all."

A smallish, elderly gentleman wearing a tweed jacket with leather patches at the elbows looks over his Guinness and says quietly, "Yes, I have heard that, too, and I am certain that it is all true." The Texan smiles and tips his glass toward the gentleman in appreciation. The gentleman continues, "In fact, I am told that there was a Texan who was so big that when he died recently they could not locate a coffin large enough in which to bury him .... so they gave him an enema and buried him in a shoebox."

• snowbird
    snowbird

ROFL!!!

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit