Concerning your behaviour towards others

by ixthis 37 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Goodness gracious, Miss Josie (peace to you!), not sure many folks here are ready for such forthrightness! You may have to tone down your "truth" a little, my sistah (although, that's usually how WE do it!).

The greatest of love and peace to you... and your household... my dear!

Oh, hey, I'll be up your way in a couple weeks - chinese (or something else) on the 24th/25th?

Peace!

SA, on her own...

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    I would hazard to say that one person's rudeness is another person's telling it like it is.

Exactly!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm hip Shelby and I'm game for Chinese (or something else). Can't wait! :D

• cantleave
    cantleave

Shelby - you are always welcome to spend your 0.02 cents with me (even though I prefer 2 English Pence!)

• fader1
    fader1

Hi everyone! I'm new.

I just wanted to say that I've been on here a number of times in the last couple of weeks. I've enjoyed reading a lot of your experiences! I'm excited for the time when the site decides that I am not a threat and will let me post my story.

But I'm with ixthis. I'm not sure but I think, in particular, she is referring to a post made by someone a few days ago. The post seemed completely sincere but someone who seems to have been on here for a long time made a very rude comment. It was sad. It seemed completely unmerited. Others posted nice things, ixthis being one of them. But others also posted rude things. At least from my vantage point as a newbie, they seemed rude. Maybe it was an inside joke? And I'm not talking about posts to people who are being rude themselves. This person was completely sincere. Again, seemingly.

Anyway, I just want to say, I think you are very kind ixthis. And that, as a newbie, some of the things that have been posted on here HAVE seemed rude. I don't want to start out on this board in a negative way. I just wanted to stand up for ixthis.

Thanks!

• ixthis
    ixthis

EntirelyPossible, in my defense (as AGuest explained further) stating what I believe is not preaching. So, if someone asks a specific question and my reply is framed at that question using what I believe then I am within the guidelines of the forum. You might not agree with that point of view because it is pro-Christ etc.

Nugget - I agree, it does not feel nice when people do not take the time to read a post properly and in context and simply reply with the status quo knee jerk reactive response. I hope I will not be that way towards you!

Quandry - totally agree. Oh for the good old days.

I wanted to express my sincere appreciation towards fader1 what you said really touched my heart and moved me. Thank you for viewing me as a kind person but more than that I appreciate that you can see past the other posts and understood the point of this thread ... you rightlfully pointed out it is a reaction to the way another poster was treated, who was completely sincere with his post. I genuinely was shocked at the behaviour towards this person ...

Peace to all.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It would be nice if ya'll would post a link to the topic ya'll keep talking about.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Can't wait!

Well, then, Missy J, as my son says, "It's on like Donkey Kong!" We'll work out the details later, ma'am!

I prefer 2 English Pence!

Exactly how much is that, dear CL? 'Cause I ain't exactly rollin' in scrilla these days so if it's more than 2 nickels, we might have a problem! LOLOLOLOL!

Peace to you both!

SA, on her own...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit