'Great Crowd' of 12 people get baptised at District Convention!!!

by burnedout 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• godrulz
    godrulz

Evangelicals, Mormons, Muslims, etc. are much faster growing. Growth numbers or rate is not proof for or against being true religion (nor is door knocking!).

I hope to live to see the day where WT shrinks more and more like other pseudo-Christian cults have.

In fairness, it is also a sign of the times that so few have any interest in God, church, etc. One would think with the massive hours put in, JWs would have more success. A small group with the Holy Spirit can have more impact in a month than a large group without the Holy Spirit (active force insult to Him) can have in years (Christian revivals are exciting and change whole towns/cities/lives, not just one or two people talked into something).

• Honesty
    Honesty

They deserve to be baptised if they are that stoopid.

That's pretty heartless.

If they don't have enough sense to research what they are getting into with a religious organisation it is their own fault.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

At a UK Circuit Assembly earlier this year there were, I think, 5 baptisms, all middle aged or upwards.

• agent zero
    agent zero

hey burnedout, we were at the same convention!

• steve2
    steve2

I believe the biggest single reason so few (in English-speaking congregations) present for baptism is because of apathy: There's not much get-up-and-go among them. Besides, from a safety point of view it's essential not to be in too deep a slumber when you're baptized...otherwise you stay under.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    If they don't have enough sense to research what they are getting into with a religious organisation it is their own fault.

With the internet available it is hard to go past this . . .

In the early 80's I asked friends and family about the religion . . . nobody knew a thing except some had had them at the door. My sister know-all said Jehovah was some American bloke. The information that is available today just wasn't there to access. These days before I even do business with an individual or organisation they get googled.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

In last years in my former circuit the CA/SAD had no baptisees in two cases of three for some years. Speaker always announced that it looks like we do not have anyone going to get baptised, but the speech will still be of great benefit to all of us, specially for them who are considering to get baptised later. It was indeed benefitial, the lunchbreak started some five minutes earlier.

CP

• trillaz
    trillaz

Regarding no one being baptised, I think I will use that in conversations with JW friends. They will point out that the next disaster or political uprising means we are close. I will counter and say that when no one gets baptised as a JW, then we can ALL be happier.

• steve2
    steve2
    when no one gets baptised as a JW, then we can ALL be happier.

So far, growth rates are declining mainly among English-speaking JWs and perhaps the Japanese. The real sign of a decline and/or stagnation in numbers will be when greater numbers of non-English speaking congregations also cotton on to the fact that the religion peddles a load of boring rubbish. To think: Conventions would be characterized by empty swimming pools. Let's all herald the coming dry period of non-growth among the JWs.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Let's all herald the coming dry period of non-growth among the JWs.

And the JWs used to declare that the "drying up of the waters of Babylon" would herald the start of the Great Tribulation.

Now the waters of JWs are drying up. I wonder if they'll try to twist that into having some kind of meaning?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit