'Great Crowd' of 12 people get baptised at District Convention!!!

by burnedout 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• burnedout
    burnedout

Yesterday, out of 4,035 people in attendance at the DC, only 12 people were baptized. That is one more than eleventeen and one less than a baker's dozen.

Want to take a guess as to the age group of this 'Great Crowd?' 11 were young teens and 1 person was middle aged. Looked like 11 born-ins signing up and one lucky person from the territory.

Burnedout

• blondie
    blondie

In one congregation, the COBOE hoping to "encourage" more effective "preaching" said that in the last ten years only children of jws had been baptized except for one woman who had been df'd. Even in other language groups it is mostly family that are "brought in." Makes you wonder what the point of d2d is.

• munchausen
    munchausen

Yesterday, out of 4,035 people in attendance at the DC

If you don't mind, was this in the US? English-speaking?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Yesterday, out of 4,035 people in attendance at the DC, only 12 people were baptized.

Back in the late 1980's we had over 3,000 in attendance at Circus Assemblies and over 12,000 at District Assemblies.

Jehoba must really be 'speeding it up' nowadays.

• snowbird
    snowbird

The "other sheep" are either refusing to be herded or, if already in the pen, are breaching the walls and heading out for greener pastures.

I don't blame them.

Syl

• Alfred
    Alfred

Yeah, that's about normal for a DC of that size... 8 to 10 born-in kids who want to get married (with already baptised born-ins) and 1 or 2 adult "loners" who never Googled "Jehovah Witnesses" before accepting a book study...

• Honesty
    Honesty

and 1 or 2 adult "loners" who never Googled "Jehovah Witnesses" before accepting a book study...

They deserve to be baptised if they are that stoopid.

• Intel
    Intel

Or sometimes 1-2 lonely older persons that have severe mental problems! (seriously, this was our Circuit Assembly!). One woman that is on medication and suffers from severe nervous breaddowns. Sometimes I was talking to her and she is all shaky....misses a lot of meetings because of this.

Right! Baptize people that can hardly decide if they are going to have a cup of coffee or tea for breakfast....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When I made my Big Mistake, there were 8 total just from my congregation that made the same Mistake. And at least a few were from the field. After that, it began to mold--I never saw anything close to 8 getting baptized at any one a$$embly from my congregation. Some a$$emblies, there might be less than 8 total baptisms.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Or sometimes 1-2 lonely older persons that have severe mental problems! (seriously, this was our Circuit Assembly!). One woman that is on medication and suffers from severe nervous breaddowns. Sometimes I was talking to her and she is all shaky....misses a lot of meetings because of this.

Right! Baptize people that can hardly decide if they are going to have a cup of coffee or tea for breakfast....

After a few study sessions with JW's many lonely older persons start to feel a sense of 'belonging' and are ripe to be preyed upon....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/current/43532/1/2-Elders-steal-6-million-dollars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit