'Great Crowd' of 12 people get baptised at District Convention!!!

by burnedout 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• sizemik
    sizemik

Interesting post . . . prompted me to cast my mind back . . .

When I was baptised in the early 80's it was at a circuit assembly with about 1500 in attendance. There were 27 baptised including several sets of young couples from the territory. I remember it well because we were dunked in an over-sized bath tub. I was the last dunkee and I still recall all the shit floating around in it off the bottom of everyone elses feet.

Times they are a changin'

• ballistic
    ballistic

I've heard of baptism by fire but not baptism in shit. ;)

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for the update. I think the point shouldn't be lost that THIS low number of baptism candidates is due to the Internet information awareness which so many people have access to. I find it very telling that only 1 out of the 12 was an adult who made the decision to get baptized. The other 11 were born-in JW's most probably. Wow. This is getting better every year

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I've heard of baptism by fire but not baptism in shit. ;)

Interesting isn't it . . . and yet I rose in a cleansed condition . . .

• Gayle
    Gayle

sizemik states back in 80s, his baptism ratio, baptism to attendance, was 1.8% at 'circuit' assembly (don't know location)

Burnedout shows at recent 'district' assembly (was this in Canada?) which usually would be a higher percentage shows at .3% (quite low %) .

• burnedout
    burnedout

This was a DC in Canada, English speaking

Burnedout

• burnedout
    burnedout

Forgot to mention, I was so moved by the Saturday session that I made contributions for the new publications with WT checks found in another thread on this site.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I was at a circuit assembly where nobody was baptised. Boy, was that awkward for the brother giving the baptism talk.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

They deserve to be baptised if they are that stoopid.

That's pretty heartless.

• moshe
    moshe

And JWs have a short memory, they really think that they are a growing religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit