An open letter to the Governing Body: Go F*ck Yourselves.

by EntirelyPossible 103 Replies latest social family

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

My heart goes out to you EP!

I understand this all too well! I have seen families destroyed in the name of thi religion, iv seen people even die in the name of it (myself coming very close, ie. suicide).

Im glad that like myself you have taken appropriate steps to be rid of this wierd claim that these man have to power. Im keenly studying it at the moment and i seriously cannot understand why they feel they are inspired of God, and even more perplexing why EVERY JW just goes along with it, when the bible clearly never even hints of such an arrangement.

Anyway, I hope that your son understands at some point that the organisation isnt God's and that he can have a personal relationship with God without needing the help of a warped, mind controlling religion. Maybe you could focus on such things when you spend time with him. Show him how he doesnt need the JWs. I hope things improve between you too.

Hugs.

Timmy :D

• cantleave
    cantleave

Heartbreaking stuff. Well written and clear to any of us that have been brought up in the cult.

• Reality79
    Reality79

This is the reason why I want nothing to do with JWs. I swear, sometimes I really hate these people.

I hope everything works out EntirelyPossible.

I wish the GB would just die off....

• Heaven
    Heaven

Wow, EP. Thank you for sharing this. My heart goes out to you and your family. I think it is important for this to be written down and spoken about in public so people can see the destructiveness of these kinds of groups.

I am hoping your son will be ok. If it were me, I would be formulating my strategy on the best way to start freeing his mind. Mad Sweeney was able to free his family. Black Sheep has good advice too (ask questions that when answered truthfully specifically point out fallacies of the doctrines).

Always, always maintain with him that you will love him no matter what his choices are in life. This may be key for the future. Always be there for him no matter what.

So now, when he showed up for his time with me this weekend, he had a daily text book, a new bible, song book and magazines and asked me if I was taking him Sunday or dropping him off at his mom's house and then going.

Maybe this is the perfect time to start your own personally created Family Bible Studies with him. This may take some time to organize and create but tell him that you and he are going to do some Bible studies of your own. Make it fun for him. Use the Bible to show him their fallacies but get him to look it up. Get your son to answer your questions. Make him do his research and think. Share with him what you have discovered. I am not sure how old he is and how much he is able to do or comprehend. Perhaps leverage some of his interests by incorporating them into this as well. Another idea would be to start doing some community work to help others (as Christ taught) and incorporate that into the 'study' time as well. An example would be to help out at a local shelter or go grocery shopping with him for food for your local food bank and then the 2 of you personally deliver it. Go and help out at the food bank. Makes this a fun thing for him. Then do something he enjoys afterwards. Actually participating in helping others will show him a different side than what the JWs teach and do. JWs do useless things. Christ taught to feed the starving and heal the sick; to help those less fortunate. As a kid this was one of many things that bothered me about JWs because they are 'do nothing' people . A magazine is useless if someone is starving.

Some questions/statements I have asked my parents over the years were: Please show me the scripture(s) in the Bible where God says, specifically, that going to the Kingdom Hall and handing out Watchtower and Awake! magazines will ensure my eternal life.

Is God directing the Watchtower? Please show me the scripture that states this.

Show me the scripture that specifically states Jehovah's Witnesses were Chosen by Christ. ( Maybe leave this one for when he is starting to wake up and ready to research this.)

As part of all this, maybe start a series of educational sessions with him about the history of the Bible, how it was compiled, and by whom. No one as a JW is taught this stuff.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

EP,

My heart goes out to you. As your son grows older, he will understand, but for now, all he knows is the Borg teachings. It will take time but it is my hope that he will come round. Just give it time.

As a fellow born-in, I could relate to the rest of your story. Although I fell for it ball and sinker. At least you had the brains to realise you didn't believe it. It took me until my late 20s to work that much out.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Heaven has made some great points.

To him you should listen! :D

Good luck!

Timmy

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I guess it is hard for those of us with personality flaws (myself included) to completely believe that we are right, and that what we believe is the absolute truth, but maybe that is a legacy of being born into this cancerous religion. EP, you can tell your son the truth: The Witnesses are totally deluded, and their beliefs are based on a twisted interpretatiopn of an ancient book of Middle-Eastern myths. We will prevail in the long run.

• bigmac
    bigmac

" right in the ass with a red hot fire poker."

i cant help tinking it probably wouldnt touch the sides

• sizemik
    sizemik

Entirely possible . . . as the other posters have said . . . it's reprehensible what WT indoctrination does to families. The immediate family is a unit and should be "hands off" to outside influence. This is not the case with WT and they do terrible damage as a result. Your son may well have given his heart to their false promises of a paradise just around the corner. For a youngster, having this dream dashed can be very traumatic . . . so tread ever so carefully with him. Strengthening your bond and making sure he is secure in your love is more important than re-setting his beliefs too quickly . . . that will come with time. Try and avoid any movement toward baptism if possible.

As for your feelings toward the those at the centre of this travesty . . . many here will simply be nodding their heads in agreement.

Fight hard and smart for your family . . . they are worth it. I wish you the very best.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Heaven has made some great points.

To him you should listen! :D

Thanks, Timothy T. Just to clarify, though, I am a 'her'.

Betty Cooper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit