An open letter to the Governing Body: Go F*ck Yourselves.

by EntirelyPossible 103 Replies latest social family

• Intel
    Intel

Hey! Just got an email from one person that received my link to this post!

He is in shock! Wrote me that he felt really sorry that people have to go through this and offered me his help, whenever I need!

I love this kind of preaching....hahhahahaha......should I count my time? I will continue to send links to this post....it is very well written and expresses all the feelings that go along with this sh&%$

Thanks EntirelyPossible!

• moshe
    moshe
    I have formally studied the Bible cover to cover with doctorate level profs (B. Th.) for 4 years and a total of over 30 years personally.

Studying Moby Dick for 4 years in College will have done you just as much good and you would have been an expert on 19th century whaling- which nobody wants to listen to here either. Where you messed up, was you didn't study with a Rabbi and find out what the Torah means- rather than accept what a non-Jew says it means.

• Intel
    Intel

Ok. I know (as a fact!) that sometimes the bros at the Service Department get "nasty apostate" letters....some of them are very, very obvious (envelope, introductory words, etc.) and get thrown away at first sight....

....nevertheless if the "packaging" is right....you COULD get someone, higher up reading your thoughts (and hopefully get to the F*ck you part !!!) before it is destroyed....

....only an idea....

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

All, thanks for the kind words.

Heaven, I misunderstood your post, my apologies. Yeah, I know I will need to show them, from the Bible, that even if you believe in the Bible the JW's are still wrong.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

EntirelyPossible that was heartbreaking to read. My first thought when I finished reading your letter was "I wish there was someway this letter could be published so that people can see just how insidiously evil this JW cult is". Then as I read the replies I notice that Designs obviously was thinking along the same lines when he sugguest getting it published in the Brooklyn newspaper.

My heart goes out to you EP as I know all too well the feelings of remorse and shame and guilt that I have from dragging my son along to the KH for all his childhood years and the way we filled him with fear and guilt for what was just normal little boys behaviour. My only consolation is that my husband and I left the cult when my son was 15 and he has a great life now.

Wishing you all the best as you deal with this incredibly difficult and heart wrenching situation.

Hopscotch

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Again, thanks for the kind words.

A quick update, we had a talk today and he was mainly upset about the lie. I explained how it happened and he eventually understood. We ended up having a great day, played tennis, went for ice cream, wrestled, went swimming, grilled steaks. I grilled 3 filet mignons and 1 flat iron steak, about 12 oounces. I got about two bites of my steak before I surrendered it to the starving kids after such a busy day.

It will all work out in the end, I am sure, but like a wise poster here wrote, it will be two steps forward, one step back for a while. Just gotta get them out of this cult.

• sizemik
    sizemik

EP . . . I'm a father of 3 sons. I've read your OP several times now . . . I'm constantly drawn back to it.

I've never read a more moving and profound account of what this cult does to a family relationship. I don't think I'll forget that letter as long as I live . . . and I know I will read it again. So thank you for doing it.

Great to hear you had a good day together, may you continue to have a steady stream of them as things develop. The power of family love will win out in the end if you keep feeding it like you are.

I can feel for you and your situation . . . as a father.

• yknot
    yknot

I like the idea of you having a dialogue with him...... maybe after Aug you can suggest he explain to you what he believes about the WTS and you can explain to him what/why you dont.....no attacking just family men talking....

WTS history lessons only serve to give him choices......it will either lead him to agree with you or make him a better JW via understanding just how revisionary we truly can, have been and will be in the future.

Huggles...

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

in our separation agreement I put in there that the children can't be baptized in ANY religion until they turn 18. I know she will protest that, but i already have my reasoning ready for JW think....if they WANT to get baptized and big bad dad won't let them and armageddon comes, he will understand that i was preventing it.

anyway, the day ended well, he was more upset about me not being honest with him. we talked it out, i explained that I just didn't want to hurt his feelings. I promised him that i would not do that again and respect him as a person and tell him the truth, even if I knew he wouldn't like it. he liked that idea.

• sizemik
    sizemik

You've paved the way for a great relationship and for good things to happen . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit