Buried my father today

by littlerockguy 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

So sorry to hear about your loss.

My father has been gone several years now. He was in the military for many years, and it was also hard for him to open up and show emotion and also could be somewhat abusive. I think that they were the product of their generation, when men were raised with the mindset that to be a real man one must work and provide for a family, but show little emotion. I am so glad for you that you were able to see another side of him before he was gone.

• finding my way
    finding my way

My heart goes out to you for your loss. May you find joy in all of the good memories.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sorry to hear your sad new Little Rock Guy. You Father obviously lived an interesting life. Great song too.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My condolences. From your writing in the opening post, it sounds like you have plenty of good thoughts and a deeper understanding of your father from your adult perspective. He sounds like something stereotypical out of the movies about strict or emotional-hiding military fathers. Your tribute has been received and appreciated. Good job.

• Ding
    Ding

Condolences on your loss.

The intensity of the hurt subsides over time, but it does take time...

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

(((((LRG)))))

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your father. What an interesting life he had! I'm glad that you got to see the best side of him before he passed away.

GGG

• watersprout
    watersprout

I'm soo sorry

Peace

• chickpea
    chickpea

safe harbor and manifest comfort
    wished for (((you))) and all who
    mourn the loss of this man you
    called father... godspeed you

• Dagney
    Dagney

I am so sorry for your loss. Very loving tribute.

• flipper
    flipper

LITTLE ROCK GUY- My wife and I send our deepest sympathies to you my friend on the loss of your dad. I'm so sorry . Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit