An Open Letter to Ray Franz

by mikepence 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Klaus Vollmer
  • proplog2
    proplog2

Dear Ray:

Why do you still believe in God? Is it good for book sales? Are you afraid that if you declared yourself an atheist JW's would quote that as a reason not to read your books?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Dear Ray,

While never a Witness myself, my step son was, and you're works have been instrumental in helping him see the TRUTH about the TRUTH. Thanks for your sacrafices.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• You Know
    You Know

I must remind the reader of the prophecy of Jude, which describes the apostate as one who is "according to their own desires...admiring personalities for the sake of their own benefit." Clearly, Mr. Franz is greatly admired by apostate Dubs for the simple reason that his apostasy, as a high ranking insider, gives others a pretext and excuse to take their leave. Mr. Franz is a champion of the apostate movement like Satan is admired by the demons. / You Know

• pandora
    pandora

Dear Mr. Franz,
    Thank you soooo much. I was out of the Org for 13 years before the mind control allowed me to entertain idea's that were different from my upbringing. I didn't even know about your book at that time. But once the online community told me about it, there was nothing that could stop me from reading it.
    I thank you for the courage it took you to tell the truth. The fact that you tell it with no hard feelings is amazing, but appreciated. It certainly lends credit to your name and works.
    Yes, you are an icon. Something you don't even want to be. But you gave us all something to live for. Life. Something THEY told us we couldn't have.
    After 13 years of living like there was no tomorrow and life didn't matter because there was no way I would live long anyway. After 13 years of being told (and believing) that I had condemned my daughter to death. Well, I must say I feel stupid for some of the decisions I made. But, at least, I have seen worse mistakes made. And now I have a future to live for because of you.
    There are just no words that can describe the Thankfulness in my heart to you.
    Thank you,
    Jen

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Nice touching letters.

Bangalore

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My family was on the periphery. I so much longed for the Witnesses to be right to give my childhood and adolsecent suffering meaning. Reading your books created a definimg moemt in my life, such as my father's death, marriage, children, college graduation. Until your books, I was all alone and wondering why I could not fit in as my extended family did.

I cried and also jumped up and down reading your books. No one could dismiss you as a fringe believer with a grudge. You shed light on what truly happens. Your grace in not engaging in the piettiness that I do gave your insights gravity.

You remain in a field of your own. Truth can hurt but Christ gave me free will. I choose free will.

Words are inadequate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit