An Open Letter to Ray Franz

by mikepence 26 Replies latest jw friends

• mikepence
    mikepence

(Please reply to this message with your own signature and added thoughts. Then, we will make sure that this reaches Ray.)

Dear Ray,

We, former Jehovah's Witnesses from around the world, would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the work that you have done in sharing your experiences with us, through your writing.

The death of one's belief system and entire way of life can be a most traumatic affair, as you know. To have your reasoned, reasssuring voice, validating the choices that we have made, and providing an inside look at the workings of the men who run the Watchtower Society, has been invaluable. Through your work, you have comforted so many of us, though we have never met you face to face.

We therefore take this occasion to offer a heartfelt Thank You!

You remain our brother in our hearts.

With love,
    Your brothers and sisters

• moman
    moman

Thanks Ray, you have helped many lost sheep, including my wife & I.
    Your a good man & I wish you the very best to you & yours!

• badwillie
    badwillie

Ray,
    I literally shouted a loud THANK YOU to you while reading Crisis of Conscience. It confirmed to me once and for all everything that I suspected was wrong with the organization. From me and my wife,
    thanks so much for not simply walking away silently - you've made a huge difference to the lives of many.
    Sincerely,
    Willie

Thanks Mike - nice idea.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Ray, all of the above and much more! Would you consider coming on line with us for a Q&A session? Please...............

Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once - Buckaroo Bonsai

• Undecided
    Undecided

Thanks Ray,

You freed me to use my conscience to decide my faith. After reading it I let my D'fd brother read it also. He said it freed him to pray again, he had felt so guilty for sticking by his wife when she decorated the house for Christmas and they D'fd her and him for this.

May you continue to enjoy your conscience directed faith.

Ken Patterson

• Kep
    Kep

Thank you Ray,
    For over 6 years after being disfellowshipped I continued to view the organisation as the "truth", my beleifs remained theirs until reading your book.
    Obviously many have read this publication and felt as I do.
    My eyes have been opened, I no longer carry the deep seated fear that was instilled in me.
    My anger and bitterness was directed at God as I beleived his spirit operated within the organisation.
    Your book helped see that I should not blame God and helped me rekindle this relationship.
    Thank you Ray from the bottom of my heart.
    Kepa

• Simon
    Simon

A huge thank you Ray and "Mrs Ray"

I have got in touch with my Dad and been over to meet my half-sister and her family which I probably would never have done if I had never read your books. For this, I will be forever grateful.

I've also had the fantastic opportunity of meeting and making lots of new friends on this forum and finding out that I wasn't alone or unique in my experiences, fears, hang-ups etc...

Best of all, I have a great wife and two fantastic little lads who get to be brought up as "normal people" and won't have to suffer all the stuff I did when I was little.

I wish you and your wife all the best. I hope you realise how many people you have helped directly or via others who have read your books.

• Kristen
    Kristen

Dear Ray,
    I have read both of your books and want to thank you very much for writing them. They have helped me immensely.

Warmest regards,
    Kristen

• Martini
    Martini

Hello Ray,
    I also have read your books.I wondered how it were possible that God's organization could actually be a fraud and get away with it for so long. For me your writings explained the dynamics behind the birth of a religious movement like the WTS. Thank you for your contribution in releasing so many lovers of freedom from bondage to the Brooklyn masters.Interestingly I was subscribed to TIME magazine back in 1981(?)when I caught sight of the article printed about you. I was too naive at the time to understand it, but I did show it to an elder and asked what it all meant, well he shrugged it off as apostate and I bought ino it.However to this day I could tell he was both distressed but also very impressed. I wish I had of pursued questioning your cause. Anyway better late then never!

Take care good man,regards
    Martini.

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

...Thanks to you Ray Im now on the road to christian freedom!
    .....................Jedd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit