An Open Letter to Ray Franz

by mikepence 26 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Ray. Thank you does not seem to do justice with what you have exposed, that has aided thousands to feel free to make a conscientious choice as to what they will believe.

Everyone on this earth deserves to see both sides of the coin in any matter that claims our salvation.

Not only have those that have read your books been helped, but also those who have been told it's contents.

With your effort, many more have come forward with their efforts to add to the help you have provided. Thank you from my heart.

• beepers
    beepers

Saying Thank you, isn't enough for the peace of mind you have given me. I will be forever grateful.

Amy

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Ray Franz

Thank you for the strength of courage to write your story. Following one's conscience is not always the easiest choice one must make. But I believe that to be true to oneself is the only mature healthy decision to be made.

It took me 10 years after my disfellowshipping to get the courage to read your books. Your words freed my mind and my heart. They took away my fear and restored my faith in myself and my ability to think and feel like a real person. They helped me to realize that abuse is not just a familial tragedy but extends to organizations as well.

Thank you for the truth as only an insider can know and for the knowledge that dignity, conscience and strength of character is stronger than lies and fear

Rejoice in the healing and not in the pain.
    Rejoice in the challenge overcome and not in the past hurts.
    Rejoice in the present - full of love and joy.
    Rejoice in the future for it is filled with new horizons yet to be explored. - Lee Marsh 2002

• voltaire
    voltaire

Ray,

I can still remember using the intrastate catalog system trying to find a library with your book that was far enough away in the suburbs so that I could sneak there to read it in secret. I think I was expecting to read a lot of complaining from a bitter old man who attempted an organizational coup and got caught. Instead I got to know a warm, compassionate man who was able to explain his differences with an organization in a fair and balanced way. I really appreciated your lack of animosity toward the brothers. If anything, it's they who now seem to me unable to deal with others in a magnanimous way. I'll most likely be DF in the next few weeks. Your book has made it possible for me to leave while my sanity and physical health are still intact. Thank you.

Ron

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Thank YOU! THANK YOU! THANK you! Very Much Thank You

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

(((((((Ray and Mrs. Ray)))))) And thank you so much for giving our lives back to me and my family. All our hopes and dreams go with you!!!

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• Valis
    Valis

Ray,

I was having a conversation with my mom the other day via email about the pedophelia issue and she got weary of trying to answer my pointed questions. She referred me to the oldest living witness in Dallas, which was a big dissapointment. How I wished you were among the ones she considered a viable source for answering my questions regarding Governing Body policy. I read your book , and I'm still not sure all of my questions were answered about my experience, but one thing is for sure. The real faithfull and discreet slave knows when something is not right and should speak up, much like the canary in the mine. When something deadly spreads, the weakest are generally the first to know, or perish finding out, much to the master's chagrin. Thanks for having future people in mind, as we owe you our lives, sanity, and most importantly, our diginity to you.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• mouthy
    mouthy

Ray & Cynthia. Thank-you seems such a little word.But it holds
    so MUCH love with it. You set me free! How? by being honest!
    As you already know the group that we hold here in St Jacobs
    C.A.A.R ( Cult Awareness & Recovery)Have all read the book.
    We have had 700 go through this group- via phone,group,letters,
    Visiting you & your wife was a really heart warming experience.
    May the Lord bless you- I know your health & Cynthias hasnt been all that well lately-I think all this expression of love & respect for you .Is fitting. Love you both so much Grace Gough

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Thank you Ray & Cynthia.

It was your books which helped us to clarify so well what were previously cloudy reasonings.

As you know from personal correspondence, many here in the land of Oz have greatly appreciated your writings both in books and by personal letters.

BTW the Christian bookstores in Sydney always seem to be running out of COC and ISOCF. That's good news!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• wasasister
    wasasister

My Dear Mr. Franz and Mrs. Franz:
    With this thread, on a not-so-obscure ex-JW discussion board, you have become what you never wanted to become - an icon. Your words convey a tone of sincere humility and lack of need for attention.

Yes, your efforts have helped untold numbers of desperate and disparate people. Those who have found resonance in your books vary from devout Christians, to convinced atheists, to everything between. Yet, all seem to agree that your objectivity and reasonableness lend an enormous credibility to your work. Unlike others before you, you made the effort to document every claim with incontrovertible evidence.

When I finally mustered the courage to check your books out from my local library, I was still at the phase in my life where I thought I would die an unbeliever at Armageddon. With your help, along with a healthy measure of skepticism learned from my mother, I now understand this is not true.

I could go on for pages, but I will spare you, and my fellow posters, the sermon. Suffice it to say, you are appreciated. For every person who takes the time and effort to contact you, there are dozens, perhaps hundreds, who are equally grateful yet silent.

I remain gratefully yours,
    Wasasister

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit