Jehovah deserves to die - according to his own Law.

by Essan 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Robdar
    Robdar

Moshe:

Now when it comes to picking the Jews as his covenant people, G-d really did fail to put up the safety railing and the Jews fell off the roof many times, but then God had to know that would happen,- he is omniscient, right?

My rabbi in Kansas City had an interesting opinion about the diaspora. He said that we are not to mourn because it is something that has helped the Jews to survive and influence other cultures.

• Essan
    Essan

WTWizard said: "I say, string him up"

LOL. Indeed, but we should really stick to the letter of His law. What happened to murderers? Stoning?

So, I'll meet you at the city gates with a few hefty stones and a few beers. Might as well make a party of it.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Essan:

We can perhaps forgive Jehovah for the deaths of Adam and Eve, since they made their own choice (although Deuteronomy offers no exceptions, so I'm not sure Jehovah deserves this leniency, according to the letter of His law) but Adam's billions of descendants had no choice and no fault. It was Jehovah's design flaw. He could easily have prevented their "fall" and the totally unfair and unneccessary cascade effect of death, but he didn't.

So, he's bloodguilty and must die.

Only if you believe in original sin. And only if you interpret scripture literally, as most fundamentalists do. However, what if you have made an error in judgment and the stories are not true and are merely allegorical and/or metaphorical?

I know you are trying to leave the JW's behind but you will not be able to do that until you stop thinking like one.

Somebody posted this link not too long ago. It's a good place to start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzYSkjaoxM4

• Essan
    Essan

Thanks Robdar. Don't worry I have left them behind. I'm just using their own reasoning to undermine itself. "Thorns to remove thorns".

I'm essentially saying that the concept of God that JW's hold - if we are to take him literally and his laws as literal and valid - would actually be grossly negligent and cruel and certainly deserving of death according to the very Laws that are attributed to him.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Well, then I totally agree with you, Essan.

Good topic.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

The 'garden story' is equivilant to this:

• An adult (being of supposed superior knowledge and experience) decides to put a handgun in a child's room, and instructs the child not to touch it.
    • Another adult (being of superior knowledge and experience) enters the room and tells the child that the first adult was wrong, and that it is ok to play with it.
    • The child, being naturally curious, plays with the gun, and shoots himself.
    • The first adult returns, and blames the child for the whole thing.

Certainly not what you would expect from a "wise and just god".

Of course, when you get to the part where god prevents the children from re-entering the garden by use of a spinning sword - a human weapon that had not yet been invented by man, and something Adam and Eve would not recognize or understand on sight - it exposes the story for what it is: a myth.

- Lime

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Yeah Jehovah should probably kill himself. Can God kill himself? Its like the question can God make a rock so huge even he cant lift it?

• Satanus
    Satanus

So, since the jewish take on genesis is that it's allegorical stories, what is their take on the god about whom the stories are supposedly told? It is supposedly, their god, afterall.

S

• Essan
    Essan

@Robdar - Thanks. Great video BTW.

@HintfoLime - Yeah, perfect analogy. The whole idea is effed up.

@MrFreeze - LOL. Can God kill himself? Hey maybe that was the real meaning of the ransom and the Trinitarians are right! Jesus was God and came to earth to die - not for our sins but for His own sin - for God's.

There you go people. New Light. It's that easy. :)

• Robdar
    Robdar

Satanus:

So, since the jewish take on genesis is that it's allegorical stories, what is their take on the god about whom the stories are supposedly told? It is supposedly, their god, afterall.

We think whatever we want to think. There is no set dogma. It is up to each and every Jew to read and ponder scripture. Torah studies welcome all opinions and no Jew is allowed to tell another Jew that their opinion of God is not valid. Now, we might argue and hash out what another Jew has said but that is only for intellectual stimulation and to further our own understanding.

Being a reformed Jew is unbelievably easy on the mind unless the Jew wants to complicate things for himself. If that's the case, that's okay too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit