Annoying JW Vegan....

by lalaa 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

LOL @ aSphere

• lalaa
    lalaa

Thanks for the info.

The next time she goes off in a vegan rant I'm going to defend MY choice of eating with scriptures of HER faith to shut her up. She can't argue with what's written in her bible.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Does she realize that the only sources for vitamin B12 found naturally are in animal products? Does she realize that it's very difficult to get a complete protein purely from vegan sources?

• william hahn
    william hahn

If God had meant us to be Vegans why are cows made out of meat?

I have a T-shirt with slogan "Save a Cow...Eat a Vegan" i love wearing it into health food shops were Vegans tend to hangout.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    If God had meant us to be Vegans why are cows made out of meat?

OMG! I have tears running down my face! LOVE IT!

I have been an on/off veggie since I was a child... I used to hate it when I was tricked into eating meat by others. My parents respected my beliefs, why couldn't others. A few years ago a jw ex friend of ours was round having a bbq. This so called friend kept going on at Babysprout to eat meat and it was really winding him up that she was a veggie. It got so bad Carrot nearly rammed his head in the hot coals. Lol.

I am a veggie at the moment and the only reason I'm not a vegan is because of my love of cake! Chocolate cake at that! I hate it when veggies, vegans, meat eaters push their views on others. It's a personal decision what to eat and people should mind their own. If Carrot or Babysprout want meat I prepare them a meat dish. I have no right to dictate to them what they can and can't eat! It's very WTish.

I have a friend who is vegan and her family HAVE to be veggies. No meat is allowed in the house. I think thats rather controlling. Why can't people be who they want to be, not fit into the ideals of others.

*Falls off soapbox*

Peace *Limps off with a sore bottom*

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, I'd go with Will Smith's line from 'Seven Pounds':

"That's not what you want to say! Say what you want to say! Coward! Blind, vegan, beef-selling, virgin coward! Say what you want to say!"

It's such a ridiculous line that it's bound to provoke a stunned response. In which case, you'll know she deserves to get your eyes when you die, so, it works out!

--sd-7

• william hahn
    william hahn

Sorry Watersprout i was just poking fun and not hassling my fine fellow vegetable eaters.

My mate says why he could never be a vegetarian is because " he doesnt eat food that his food eats!'

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I am not a vegan, however I do have a large number of friends that are either vegetarian or vegan. They are not annoying, in fact some of them try to keep it hidden because so many people are (as is evident from this thread) so outspoken against it. One friend rarely goes out to dinner because she does not want to draw attention to her way of eating. The friends I have that are vegan are well educated regarding food choices and every one of them is absolutely DROP DEAD GORGEOUS - which makes me rethink my love of meat.

The person spoken of at the start of this thread should keep her mouth shut, because she makes the vegan community look like a bunch of loonies!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Broken promises wrote:

I don't have access to a JW library, but the idea of jws being vegetarians in the "new system" was a pretty well accepted idea. It tied in with the assumption that Adam and Eve were vegetarians in the Garden of Eden, so likewise those living in the "new system" would also.

That was my idea also..the information has to be out there womewhere in their literature..

Snoozy

• rebel8
    rebel8

Evangelist jws are often evangelists in other matters too.

It's just another opportunity to control and feel superior to others.

Small people who realize they are small often try to artificially inflate themselves, the lazy way to feel bigger, instead of doing the work to become a bigger person.

It's impolite to offer unsolicited advice to others in most circumstances.

Is this woman getting paid to evangelize or work?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit