Annoying JW Vegan....

by lalaa 49 Replies latest jw friends

• creativespirit
    creativespirit

You are assuming that I am still JW, and still a believer.

Assuming that I were one or the other, I would have no answer to that, only questions for God.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I thought JWs believed god said it's ok to eat meat after the flood?

Up until Armageddon. JWs believe that in the new system (paradise earth) all humans will be vegans.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I don't think many become vegans because of the meat itself but the stuff they are putting in it!

I admire many that choose to not eat meat and do their homework..they are able to find substitute meals to serve that are still healthy. That takes work and unlimited reading. (To do it right).

I still eat meat but only 2 or 3 times a week tops..

And I try to stay with lean cuts..

Snoozy..

LALAA..I think this girl's personality just rubs you (And probably a few others) the wrong way no matter what the subject..

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Either way it's all argument via selective observation. Pretty much every sort of diet fad ignores vast amount of data in order to push their viewpoint. The fact is Humans are designed to consume pretty much everything in it's path and some people have a higher metabolism than others. It's just somewhat the way it is, eat what makes you feel good. You could go on a totally vegan diet and constantly feel tired. I was a vegetarian to lose weight and found I wasn't losing as much as I thought, then I added meat 2 times a week and I started losing faster. It is what it is I guess.

I would probably tell her to watch the movie Fathead and see what she says about the statistics.

• blondie
    blondie

james_wood, I could not find anything in writing in the WTS publications that said jws would be vegetarians in the new system. Do you remember where you heard/read that idea.

I know several elders that would disagree and say we would eat meat.

The WTS even had a picture of a little boy who had caught a fish, in the new system.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I don't have any specific reference, Blondie, but this was what I was always taught as a JW - the new system would be a return to conditions like the mythical "Garden of Eden". And, of course, that animals would no longer be predatory - the Lion would eat straw.

Maybe it would be a good subject for a question from readers?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

james_wood, I could not find anything in writing in the WTS publications that said jws would be vegetarians in the new system. Do you remember where you heard/read that idea.

I don't have access to a JW library, but the idea of jws being vegetarians in the "new system" was a pretty well accepted idea. It tied in with the assumption that Adam and Eve were vegetarians in the Garden of Eden, so likewise those living in the "new system" would also.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Aren't all vegans annoying?

Im sorry...it had to be said.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Welllll, no, my dad was a vegan. He just did it, he didn't talk about it.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Aren't all vegans annoying?
    Im sorry...it had to be said.

Yes, they are - except when the pretty girl ones get naked for animal rights.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit