Astounded Newbie Here...*Waves Hello*

by mummatron 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome.

So sorry about what you experienced as a child and I hope that therapy will help. I also hope that being her with us will help you to feel that you are not alone.

It sounds like your blessings are many now, with two lovely children.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome.

I'm happy that you have achieved a measure of peace.

Syl

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Mummatron! Although reading about the first part of your life was very sad, I am glad that you are in a happy and stable relationship and have a better relationship with your dad. You might want to visit the Freedom of Mind Center website and read Steve Hassan's books, such as "Combatting Cult Mind Control" to increase the progess of your counseling. According to Steve Hassan, a therapist with knowledge/experience about mind control will be able to help someone who is suffering from phobias implanted by mind control.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Thanks for sharing with us.

So much pain in "Jehovah's happy organization"...

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome aboard the good ship JWN.

Enjoy your voyage.

om

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Welcome Mummatron from another Brit.

We have meet-ups from time to time if you ever fancy joining one.

MM.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

A big welcome from sunny Wales, great to have you with us!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Glad you joined as another member of this wonderful forum. Welcome.

• satinka
    satinka

A great big welcome from Vancouver, Canada! Thanks for sharing your story about growing up a JW. You are among friends.

Kitty hug

satinka

• mummatron
    mummatron

Awww, I'm touched by the lovely warm welcome. Ironically more of a welcome than I ever got at a KH! Nice to meet you all, I shall be sticking around.

@jwfacts – Thank you so much! Your site has finally given me some closure and reaffirmed everything I thought but was too afraid to say.

@Wobble – My Mum’s family are originally from your area so it’s possible you may have known my late Grandmother at some point.

@bigmac – No I haven’t, but I sure will. Thanks for sharing the link.

@keyser soze – I was initially curious as the article didn’t mention what denomination she was just that she refused to do them due to her religious beliefs. So I Googled and this is what I found: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/famous-jehovahs-witnesses.php

@Mouthy – I love the IoW too. Such a beautiful, relaxing place, even the architecture is aesthetically pleasing.

@ABibleStudent – Thanks for that suggestion. Have started reading some of Steve Hassan’s info online and am finding it very enlightening. I will suggest it to my psychologist when I get my appointment.

@Pams Girl – I’ve sent you a PM. J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit